CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OBD-I DTC Codes Part Replacement- Any Suggestions????

Hello Caddy Enthusiats!!!! I would like to keep things short and simple. My question today is what part(s) should be replaced based on the DTC codes that are pulled from my car? I have a 95 DeVille Concours. The codes are as follows:

P035

P036

P039

P040

S010

S011

S012

S015

S016

S017

S021

S022

S025

S027

S030

S031

S035

S037

S044

S051

S060

S061

Any input would be greatly appreciated and I would like to thank everybody in advance for their suggestions. Thanx!!!

HERE ARE THE DEFS FOR THE CODES I PULLED. THANX AGAIN

P035 (E035) .......................... PCM reference low signal voltage Out of Range
P036 (E036) ................................. EGR Valve Pintle Position Out of Range
P039 (E039) ..... Torque Coverter Clutch/Viscous Converter Clutch Engagement Problem
P040 (E040) .................................... Power steering Pressure switch open
S010 .................................. Left Front Damper Solenoid Valve Short to B+
S011 ......................... Left Front Damper Solenoid Valve Short to Ground/Open
S015 ................................. Right Front Damper Solenoid Valve Short to B+
S016 ........................ Right Front Damper Solenoid Valve Short to Ground/Open
S021 .......................... Left Rear Damper Solenoid Valve Short to Ground/Open
S025 .................................. Right Rear Damper Solenoid Valve Short to B+
S027 .............................................. Right Rear Solenoid open circuit
S030 ................................................ Speed Sensitive Steering Fault
S035 ............................... Electronic Level Control Compressor Short to B+
S037 ............................ Electronic Level Control Exhaust Valve Short to B+
S044 .................................................. ... Lift or Dive Signal Fault
S060 .............................................. Left Front Position Sensor Fault
S061 ............................................. Right Front Position Sensor Fault

There are so many codes that are CURRENT that it almost indicates something with wiring that is common to the various systems. I wouldn't start throwing parts at it.

The EGR code can be fixed by cleaning the EGR pintle and seat - plenty of information in the archives on that.

The P039 code - I think that one is the same as the P0741 on the 1996+ cars - the torque converter slippage has exceeded 200 RPM. It will be generating lots of heat and will eventually destroy the internal clutches in the torque converter. If the trans is not generatng debris and the fluid is good, the existing transmission can be repaired and a new torque converter installed. A reputable transmission shop can do that for around $1200.

Is the pressure switch on the power steering line unplugged?

The remaining suspension codes don't make sense - for example, how can the left front damper valve be both shorted to B+ and ground/open??? The same with the right rear solenoids. The electronic level control compressor and exhaust solenoid being shorted to battery voltage would indicate a wire has rubbed through and/or contacting a part of the suspension.

Both the left and right front position sensors being faulted seems odd also - I wouldn't think both would be bad unless one went first, was ignored until the second one faulted.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 2 weeks later...

How do I get the codes from my '94 Seville STS?

Turn the ignition to ON. If you have the dual zone climate control system, simultaneously press and hold the OFF and PASSENGER WARMER buttonson the climate control panel. If you just have the single zone system, the buttons to depress are OFF and WARMER.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived