CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CaddyInfo.com Cadillac Chat 2014-11-05

@Cadillac Jim: I'm curious about the sway bar for the ETC that you mentioned. For instance if it wears out would it render the Caddy undriveable until replaced? And do you think it's a good idea to advance purchase as many spare parts to have on hand particularly regarding suspension and steering as one can find (and afford)?

• 3 weeks later...

@Cadillac Jim: I'm curious about the sway bar for the ETC that you mentioned. For instance if it wears out would it render the Caddy undriveable until replaced? And do you think it's a good idea to advance purchase as many spare parts to have on hand particularly regarding suspension and steering as one can find (and afford)?

Sway bars don't wear out. I found that there was an option that I never heard about that included primarily heavier front and rear stabilizer bars. I had the part numbers and did searches repeatedly, but never found the front one.

The only real market for stabilizer bars is for collision repair. That's probably why the front ones are all gone but there are still a few rear ones out there.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived