CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seat Heaters and Cooler Dead

Earlier this year my wife found that both of the front seats quit heating and cooling. If you press the buttons on the doors, the LEDs light up like normal. The fuses are all good.

Last summer the seats were pulled out to replace the carpet. Is there a common plug that may have come loose from vibrations that would cause both seats to go at the same time?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Earlier this year my wife found that both of the front seats quit heating and cooling. If you press the buttons on the doors, the LEDs light up like normal. The fuses are all good.

Last summer the seats were pulled out to replace the carpet. Is there a common plug that may have come loose from vibrations that would cause both seats to go at the same time?

Look under the passengers seat.

There is a module with about a 20 pin plug on it that controls the heating and cooling for both seats.

Sometimes one of the pins gets too hot and melts part of the module.

It can be replaced or if you are real handy... you can repair it and use bigger wire and larger pins.

Posted Image

The only module under the passenger seat that I can see is one that has a made in Mexico label on it with a picture of an airbag deploying. Is that it?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

The only module under the passenger seat that I can see is one that has a made in Mexico label on it with a picture of an airbag deploying. Is that it?

The module you are looking for is under the passenger seat at the front sort of hidden up in the mechanism.

Posted Image

The only module in that area is the one that I described to you. I was apprehensive to start pulling plugs off of it in case it controlled one of the airbag systems. I don't feel like deploying those today. lol

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

The only module in that area is the one that I described to you. I was apprehensive to start pulling plugs off of it in case it controlled one of the airbag systems. I don't feel like deploying those today. lol

I think you have to take the seat out to get to the right module and make repairs to the connector and wiring.

I have been told that you can't get to it with the seat in the car.

Posted Image

Ugh... How difficult is that? In the old days you could spin off 4 nuts under the car and the seats would lift off leaving the seat belt buckle anchored to the floor.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Ugh... How difficult is that? In the old days you could spin off 4 nuts under the car and the seats would lift off leaving the seat belt buckle anchored to the floor.

I have not did it myself... but here is a writeup on the other forum about how to do it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-dts-forum-2006-through-2012/285451-heated-seats-parking-sensors-stopped-working.html#post3288711

Posted Image

I see the references to the DTS Lux. I wonder if this is only a problem with the Lux package. Maybe the Lux is the only one that had heated and cooled seats. Dunno...

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I see the references to the DTS Lux. I wonder if this is only a problem with the Lux package. Maybe the Lux is the only one that had heated and cooled seats. Dunno...

In '08 I think there were 4 trim levels... Lux1, Lux2, Lux3, and Performance.

All had heated seats... cooled seats was not available on the Lux1 but was optional on the Lux2 and Standard on the Lux3 and Performance.

I don't know what model you have.

Posted Image

All had heated seats... cooled seats was not available on the Lux1 but was optional on the Lux2 and Standard on the Lux3 and Performance.

When I bought it, there was the DTS, DTS Luxury, and DTS Platinum. I purchased the Luxury edition and the only difference that I can remember at this time is that the steering wheel is faux wood instead of leather wrapped. I know that there were other difference but I don't recall what. One feature that I have that I don't see in all is the motorized mirrors. Not only are they power adjusted (standard on all models) but they fold in at the push of a button. That is a feature that I dearly miss with my Camaro. I have no depth perception as my left eye has trouble so I have scrapped the mirrors plenty of times pulling up to the mail box. Many times I will pull in the driveway and walk up to it as I have great difficulty navigating around it.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

When I bought it, there was the DTS, DTS Luxury, and DTS Platinum. I purchased the Luxury edition and the only difference that I can remember at this time is that the steering wheel is faux wood instead of leather wrapped. I know that there were other difference but I don't recall what. One feature that I have that I don't see in all is the motorized mirrors. Not only are they power adjusted (standard on all models) but they fold in at the push of a button. That is a feature that I dearly miss with my Camaro. I have no depth perception as my left eye has trouble so I have scrapped the mirrors plenty of times pulling up to the mail box. Many times I will pull in the driveway and walk up to it as I have great difficulty navigating around it.

The Platinum replaced the Performance.

If you have the massaging lumbar in the front seats you have the top Luxury model.

Posted Image

The Platinum replaced the Performance.

If you have the massaging lumbar in the front seats you have the top Luxury model.

I do. Wife loves them when she's riding shotgun on one of our long drives.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

You probably already know this... but for a HEATED BACK RUB... turn on the heat, but just for the BACK of the seat... not the bottom.

Then start the massager and adjust it out to your liking.

Nice heated back rub while you are cruising down the road... :)

Posted Image

I actually did not know that. I can probably count on one hand how many times I messed with those seats when I drove it. I certainly steered away from using the seat heaters. I've heard that heated seats can cause issues "Downstairs" for men and I didn't want to impact anything there...

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I actually did not know that. I can probably count on one hand how many times I messed with those seats when I drove it. I certainly steered away from using the seat heaters. I've heard that heated seats can cause issues "Downstairs" for men and I didn't want to impact anything there...

I have never heard THAT one before... LOL

I love the heated seats in cold weather... and my arthritis does too...

I have been using heated seats for years and years and don't have any problems... at least not yet and I'll be 70 in December... :)

Posted Image

I've heard that heated seats can cause issues "Downstairs" for men and I didn't want to impact anything there...

:bsmeter:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I've never needed to leave the heated seats on for more than 5 minutes - even in the middle of winter. Just enough to take the chill off the seat. I can't stand to leave them on for any longer than that.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Go ahead and admit it Texas Jim at your age it doesn't matter and you just don't care anymore!!!LOL

I was just kidding you Texas Jim . I could tell you're a heck of a man!! LOL.

Archived