CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

mufflers

I bought the Dynomax Super Turbos for the STS from Summit's website for $42.50 each. The installation was around $90.00. This is about the going rate.

What has helped me the most is Bruce's Site on STS mufflers. Lots of links, lots of pics...

Bruce's Muffler Site

From what I have gathered, I'm going to be going with some Dynomax Super Turbos, A couple friends have Super 40 Flowmasters and they sound good, just a bit loud for my Caddy. I have the Super Turbos on my 85 GMC 4x4 and I love them!

Spence

What has helped me the most is Bruce's Site on STS mufflers. Lots of links, lots of pics...

Bruce's Muffler Site

From what I have gathered, I'm going to be going with some Dynomax Super Turbos, A couple friends have Super 40 Flowmasters and they sound good, just a bit loud for my Caddy. I have the Super Turbos on my 85 GMC 4x4 and I love them!

Spence

I'm scared that if I get the superturbos they won't be loud enough for me. I wish I could sound exactrly what they will sound like but thats kind of hard to do unless I buy them and get them installed on my car, and if I do that they are going to be staying on Ha.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Thanks. I've posted pics before but from a cheap camera dosen't really do justice. Mrs. Santa was good to me this year, she brought me a HP 945 digtal camera and a HP photosmart printer. That pic was taken Christmas day.

post-3-1104270356.jpg

sebring06RTP.jpg

There are video clips somewhere! just do a search.

Ya but sometimes video clips sound different than when you actually get the mufflers and put them on the car......

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Hey Bronson,

What kind of wheels are those on your car? They look great. Are they 17" with 255/50/17 tires? I am trying to decide now about upgrading to 17's with 255's or just sticking 255-55-16's on my stock wheels? I can't believe how the lowering makes your tires look so huge! I have a 97 STS and like the factory wheels, but some aftermarket

5 spokes would show off my drilled and slotted rotors! Anybody have a comparo of an exhaust before and after removing the resonator? I am considering replacing mine with

a 3" Dynomax bullet muffler and then having the Dynomax super turbo's at the end. I have tips just like yours waiting for my exhausting decisions!

Thanks, the wheels are 16x7 American Racing with 255/50/16's on the rear and 235/55/16's on the front. The front tires will be 255's when the 235's get thin. The spoked rims do show off the gold crossdrilled powerstop rotors nicely.

sebring06RTP.jpg

Everything is just fine, just had the front end lined up and inspected, all suspension parts are fine. I will say the install was not easy, actually had to take it back to the shop several times to get it right and that was with the front end alone. First time I brought it back we replaced the strut mounts, the second time to just retighten everything.

The rear was too low after the shop installed the springs and was bottoming out, I was able to raise the rear by lengthening the sensor links that attach to the sensors in the rear on each side, the shop cut them too short. Now she rides very nice, a just little firmer than stock and very flat in the corners. Where I notice it the most is on the entrance and exit ramps on the turnpike and interstates. I also think it helps a little with acceleration and gas mileage due to the fact that you don't have as much air passing underneath the car.

I must let you know that before I did any of this I replaced both front struts, with original equipment Delco. The struts are expensive and if you decide to install the springs this something you should be possibly prepaired for along with anything else you may find needing to be replaced. All of these things make a big difference on how the car rides and handles. Once you get it right tho it's nice!

sebring06RTP.jpg

Excellent! I've gone an unprecedented (for my car) 55,000 miles on the Powerstop rotors without having had them turned once. And the stops are still fade- and vibration-free. These are hands-down the best $250 I've ever spent on a car.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived