CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

08 DTS Hissing

My 08 DTS has on two occasions this week been hissing when I shut the car off. The temp is elevated to maybe the next line. There's not any visable coolant coming out and I can't smell coolant but the hissing is coming from the pressure cap on the overflow. 2008 DTS with 125k. Thoughts?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

My 08 DTS has on two occasions this week been hissing when I shut the car off. The temp is elevated to maybe the next line. There's not any visable coolant coming out and I can't smell coolant but the hissing is coming from the pressure cap on the overflow. 2008 DTS with 125k. Thoughts?

If you haven't already did it... I would replace the pressure cap.

I replaced the one on my '06 a couple of years ago.

Posted Image

I have not replaced the pressure cap yet. I wondered about it. Can AZ test these caps?

Yes, they can be tested... but it's now six years old.

For the 10 bucks that they cost, I would just replace it.

Posted Image

Autozone has a tester in their loan-a-tool program to test the caps.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

While you are replacing the cap, insure that the seating surface (the neck of the tank) is clean and without burrs or nicks. I bought my '99 STS used and when first changing the coolant, I noticed that the filler neck where the cap seats was nicked up, so I heated it slightly with a small torch, smoothed out the lip, and never had an issue.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Well, I went to AZ and they looked at me like I was crazy. The kid said that they have never been able to test radiator caps. Whatever...$20 later and the new cap is on. Hopefully the problem is resolved.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Here is the link right from their loan a tool site: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/CST-Cooling-system-tester-adapter/_/N-263r?itemIdentifier=84330_0_0_

I've found that a lot of the kids at Autozone have no idea what types of tools they have in the loan a tool program.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Here is the link right from their loan a tool site: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/CST-Cooling-system-tester-adapter/_/N-263r?itemIdentifier=84330_0_0_

I've found that a lot of the kids at Autozone have no idea what types of tools they have in the loan a tool program.

Yeah.... what Kevin said...

Half of them have no clue at all...

Posted Image

Archived