CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Just installed brand new ac delco ac compressor and accumulator, orfice tube, checked o rings, cleaned out ststem before putting together, cut ac unit on high, installed freon. At first it began to blow cool, but it then began to blow warm, out of the front vents, set on 60, auto. Accumulator, lines under hood are cold, compressor clutch is kicking on and running as it should. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

ok most important question. Did the system get vacuumed? IT is crucial to vacuum the system anytime a part of the system is opened.

I usually vacuum for a minimum of 30 minutes before charging system.

Also did you add some freon before engaging the system? that is important also to ensure the compressor is not run dry.

How much freon did you put in?. Typically most systems are around 2.0 lbs

Is the compressor still engaging?

Welcome To caddyinfo forum. Best of luck to you. You have definately come to the right place

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Not sure if the fleetwood sets a code like the others. Thats why I didnt mention that one.

Cant say much on the oil because of the varying amount removed and re added to the new components

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Did you use a vacuum pump (or A/C charge machine) to vacuum the system down and then charge the refrigerant into the vacuum? If not, the problem is most likely moisture freezing in the orifice tube which will prevent the flow of the refrigerant and loss of coolong. If you shut the system down and let the car sit for a few hours, does the A/C blow cold? If so, the issue I described is what is happening.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived