CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Want.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Anyone ever seen a review, stating horsepower or performance for that car? It is fantastic.

While I'm at it, anyone know what the caddy is the old man drives on Pawn Stars? I have only got glimpses of it and love it also.

I think the Pawn Stars custom Cadillac that is seen once in a long while is a 1947 or 1948 fastback.

Since the blown 331 in the 1952 is essentially a custom job, I doubt that it has ever been tested. Also, in those days, nobody used intercoolers or lowered the compression ratio, so useful boost is quite low. The best way to use such cars in time trials is a very free-flow exhaust and the highest octane gas you can buy, such as 100 octane aviation gas, or even 150 octane aviation gas if you can find it anymore. You must be very careful with blown street engines without intercoolers or you will have a burnt piston or two in a heartbeat.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

When I was still flying... several years ago...the Avgas octane ratings were...

80/87 which is dyed red.

91/96 which is dyed brown.

100/130 which is dyed green.

115/145 which is dyed purple.

The lower number is for running a LEAN mixture and the higher number is for running a RICH mixture.

Posted Image

The numbers I recall are from use in modified motorcycles in the late 1960's. We just rode out to the airport and filled up.

Archived