CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Mailbag: 88 Eldorado A/C Quit, Can't Clear Codes

My name is <redacted> from sweden. Me and my famely have owned a cadillac eldorado 88 since the 90's and it have been the most wonderfull weichle ever. But now some how whithout any reasons the A/C fan stop working , it reads 0 rpm and it says no collant on a/c I have tried to clear the PCM codes and i folow a this link and procedure http://en.allexperts.com/q/Cadillac-Repair-806/1988-Cadillac-Eldorado.htm

We folow the link . But When it is supposed to "clear the pcm ?" then it answers Codes not leared .

What am i doing wrong ? Please help me !

I don't know enough about the 1988 computers to deal with this one. My best guess is that some of the codes are CURRENT and that the CURRENT codes should be dealt with before the codes can be finally cleared.

Anyone?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I recall BCM codes 446,447 are low freon. Compressors leaked and the evaperator cores leaked. Now, with the cooland fans not coming on and giving you a code, you might need a cooling fan module located near the front grill of the car.

It sounds like the 1988 codes may follow OBD I codes:

B446 Low A/C Refrigerant Condition Warning
B447 Very Low A/C Refrigerant Condition Warning [A/C Clutch]

If you have B447, it turned off the clutch.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived