CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Oil on floor

CHL2T

Hey guys,

Been awhile since I've posted as the 95 has been doing great untill yesterday........

Daughter says there is oil on the floor like someone poured a quart down there.....

Checked it out and it is oil but it is coming from behind the dash, and there is alot, enough in fact to puddle up on the floor and run down the driveway. There is even some on the drivers side carpet as well.

I know it's not from the engine cause it's too clean.......lol

Any thoughts? I'm thinking blower motor?

This car has cost around a thousand bux the last three years and being that I got it for next to nothing, If the news is bad, I won't feel bad getting rid of it... plus the kid wants a newer one......who can blame her right?

Thanks!

Don't let your first ride be your last ride in a Cadillac!

Just ripped out the passenger carpet and found that it is coolant..... heater core would be the suspect :(

How can I bypass it and get some more work outta this thing?

Thanks again!

Don't let your first ride be your last ride in a Cadillac!

The heater hoses come from the back of the engine (driver's side), go to the rear and hook on to two metal hoses that cross over behind the engine. You could trace those and use just one hose that simply goes from one to the other and leave the heater core dry.

You realize that you are disabling the warmed air for the defrosters, and the cabin humidity control and cabin temperature control which runs all the time (using the A/C evaporator to reduce humidity, then the heater core with the air mix door and the cabin thermostat). This makes the car dangerous and possibly illegal in the rain or in wintertime.

You might want to look at fixing it and evaluating the cost of doing that as the price of a 1995 Cadillac SLS with a new heater core.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

heatercore should run about 45 for a good one. Not bad at all to do,. Maybe 1 hour tops. I have done a writeup or 2 on them. One for single climate control. and one for dual climate control

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Sounds like under $200 to have it done.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived