CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Seville 4.9 no start

Hello friends, sorry my English. I'm in Spain.

I have a problem with a 1992 Seville 4.9 model.

Buy the car with problems. A broken exhaust of an explosion, hee hee hee. A day was set up correctly, but it was an instant.

It has faults code: E021 E031 E053 E099.

It's driving me crazy. Can anyone help me?, Thanks

E021 Shorted Throttle Position Sensor Cercuit

E031 Shorted MAP-sensor

E053 Distributer Signal Interrupt

E099 Cruise Servo Position High With Cruise Off

Someone else must fill in the cause for this........ to me it looks as if a connector loose.

This car is crazy. Playing with the self-diagnostic fault codes changed. E026 E053 E097 I left. I continued playing and I am me and I 039 E 053. Replace the battery and the original failure came, grrrrrr.

Now I have E026 E031 E053 E073 E071.

Can be an ECU problem?. If I put another, will it encoded?

Thank you.

Yes, it is current.

Spend one thing, the light turns off and flashes breakdown. Flat acelerator and the completely off. I have checked the TPS sensor and goes well, gives me rest and butt 1.13 v 4.41. It is correct?

P026 (E026) Shorted Throttle Signal Switch
P031 (E031) Shorted MAP Sensor
P053 (E053) Distributor Signal Interrupt
P073 (E073) Intermittent Coolant Sensor Signal
P071 (E071) Intermittent MAP Signal

Since these come and go, are CURRENT, and things change when you work with one or more of the sensors involved, I think that this is a wiring harness problem. The E071 certainly tells us that there is a scractcy connection in the MAP sensor circuit.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Ok. I'll check the wiring to the control unit.

If okay, what the ECM is damaged is it possible?. I have access to an old one, can you ride without coding?

thanks

If the ECM was bad you would have no codes, no start, just a bad car. Replacing an ECM requires programming it to the car. Don't go there.

All of the codes indicate that you have wiring harness problems. It looks like the insulation is worn off at some point in the underhood wiring and the wires are shorting out.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Was any work done to the car recently (before the no-start condition)? Check all the connectors at all the sensors that are thowing the codes for corrosion.

The distributor signal code is why the car won't start - without the distributor signal, the ECM has no idea where the position of the engine crank/cam in order to inject fuel at the proper cylinder.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Today I reviewed part of the electrical installation. The signal is correct from the MAP and TPS sensor. I removed the ECU and it seems that the circuits are fine. Tomorrow more ........ I have this crazy problem, grrrrrrr

Archived