CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

95 Eldorado Traction disabled message

I am getting a "traction disabled" message on my 95 Eldorado...pulled codes and have current codes of A011,T077 and I034 have found online that A011 means "high side temp sensor" T077 means "pcs circuit fault" and the I034 haven't found...can anyone tell me what I034 means.Also what needs to be done to fix all three,such as location of issue,what to check etc! Thanks in advance!!

A011 High Side Temperature Sensor Circuit
T077 PCM - Serial Data Link Error
I034 Loss of Powertrain Control Module Data

The A011 means that the temperature sensor on the high pressure (hot) side of the A/C compressor is unplugged, the connector is loose or dirty, or the sensor is bad.

The T077 means that the IPM can't read the PCM codes. The I034 means the same thing. The network line has a problem somewhere between the PCM and the IPM, which is the module behind the instrument panel that the data link connector goes to.

The "Traction Disabled" message probably means that the Traction button in the glove compartment has been pushed, or that the car is in the Valet mode, another button in the glove compartment that also disables low gear.

Somebody with an OBD I or 1995 model year FSM needs to step in here and tell us the color and routing of the network wire between the PCM and the IPM. In later cars it's the PPL wire.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thanks for the quick reponse to my post...on the 95 Eldorado there are no buttons in glove box for traction control,for some reason that model year didn't have that option! I'll do some checking on the other items you listed and see what I can find.Thanks again.

The "Traction Off" button may be for the ETC or the button may be somewhere else. It's needed to rock the car when stuck in snow or mud. The Valet mode may be an ETC/STS thing but I think it's on all Northstars.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Ok,I've put new Front wheel hubs on my Eldorado and it has cleared the "traction disabled" message and no longer shows any current codes.I am now only getting an ABS light on dash,but it's not throwing codes...better then the issue I was having :)

Did you forget to connect the wiring to the hubs on one or both sides?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Both plugs are connected,the abs light came on a few days ago when I unplugged the big connector on abs unit to clean contacts (something I read about online,as possible cause of "traction disabled")

I am surprised that you don't have a code set with the ABS light on. Are you reading the codes from the onboard diagnostics or a handheld reader? Handheld readers (unless it's a Tech-2) will only display powertrain codes whereas the onboard diagnostics will display all codes.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Readings from onboard diagnostics,yeah I was surprised myself that I no longer have any current codes.....don't know if abs light was from removing plug from abs unit to clean contacts but it wasn't on until that was done!

There will *always* be a DTC set when you see a warning message or warning light. Some info messages, like "Traction enabled" or the icy road warning aren't from DTCs. Are you using a code reader? Most of those only show emissions codes that will turn on the MIL.

The best time to run the codes is when the message is showing. That way the most telling DTC will be CURRENT. You can run the codes while driving; just watch for the CURRENT codes and ignore the rest unless you are stopped at a light or you can pull over and stop.

I034 Loss of Powertrain Control Module Data
T077 PCM - Serial Data Link Error

My information is from the 1997 ETC FSM, which is an OBD II system and will differ from the 1995 wiring, sometimes significantly. So, use what I get from the 1997 FSM carefully. Someone with a 1993-1995 FSM will chime in with corrections.

Both of these relate to loss of network signal between the EBTCM and the PCM. There are several signals between the PCM and the EBTCM, a direct PWM signal from the EBTCM that tells the PCM to dial back the torque a little for TC/ECS, But there is a dedicated network line between the PCM, the PPL wire on terminal 58 of C1, and the PPL wire on terminal 10 of C2 on the EBTCM.

The EBTCM is a Bosh part and the GM FSM does not have a connector diagram, even though they match it with the GM wiring harness. I have it on my computer for the 1997 ETC but there are significant differences between the 1995 Eldorado and the 1997 ETC such as the addition of the gyro and accelerometer inputs and any changes to implement OBD II in addition to any GM updates between the two model years.

Look in the glove compartment again for the traction control switch. It's a push-on, push-off button in a place covered by the door when it's closed, and it's black. When it's on, it is a little in, so if you push it a couple of times you can tell which it is. Look on the top and bottom edges of the place on the dash covered by the door when it's closed.

No buttons for traction control...the only buttons inside glove box are on left side,one is trunk release the other is fuel door release! looking for bad wires and such but at a loss on what/how to check wiring.

Somebody with a 1995 FSM, please resolve our question about a TC button in the Eldorado.

Archived