CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

help finding pn for radiator 2001 STS

while I was working changing the plugs and coils the other day I dropped a wrench around the radiator(these front ends eat tools) while locating the wrench noticed a very fine crack in the radiator and slight weep. Rockauto has about a dozen different radiators and am curious if/where a pn may be located on the original. I had topped the coolant off after service and the low coolant message came on today - it's no longer a small weep. I'm going to try an epoxy patch till I can get a new one and hoses clamps etc.

You can have the tank replaced at a radiator shop for much less money than a new radiator.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You can have the tank replaced at a radiator shop for much less money than a new radiator.

This is the thermoplastic end cap of the radiator - I didn't think these were repairable or able to be replaced

It has 932 molded into the passenger side and from what I can read the bar code is 0932. I'm not having any luck distinguishing the multiple pn's online.

This is the thermoplastic end cap of the radiator - I didn't think these were repairable or able to be replaced

It has 932 molded into the passenger side and from what I can read the bar code is 0932. I'm not having any luck distinguishing the multiple pn's online.

Call your dealer ... give them the VIN for the car and have them give you a price and the part number.

Then do a Google search on the part number to find a good price.

Posted Image

Yes - they can be replaced. I had a radiator shop replace one for me a few years ago on a 1996 SLS I used to own. The radiator shop stocked the end tanks.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Yes - they can be replaced. I had a radiator shop replace one for me a few years ago on a 1996 SLS I used to own. The radiator shop stocked the end tanks.

They had one in stock at Autozone for same money($138) I could find online and hoses in stock. Anyway changed the thermostat as well - as I felt up in there and could feel rubber pieces. The only thing was the Tstat was bit different and I'm not so sure that isn't causing a bit of overheating issue. Three drive cycles so far and two of them I've seen it snap just over mid and then come back down to normal. It was a thermostat that is supposed to fail open FWIW but I wished I'd asked to see the other ACDelco because this one didn't seat into the gasket recess or the hose neck off the pump like the original. I'm continuing to monitor temp and it's dead center during acceleration etc. just weird if it were head gasket I'd think it would overheat consistently, both fans are working fine because I must've had some air pockets during the first warm up as it overheated after idling for a good bit and up the road and back ~2miles.

They had one in stock at Autozone for same money($138) I could find online and hoses in stock. Anyway changed the thermostat as well - as I felt up in there and could feel rubber pieces. The only thing was the Tstat was bit different and I'm not so sure that isn't causing a bit of overheating issue. Three drive cycles so far and two of them I've seen it snap just over mid and then come back down to normal. It was a thermostat that is supposed to fail open FWIW but I wished I'd asked to see the other ACDelco because this one didn't seat into the gasket recess or the hose neck off the pump like the original. I'm continuing to monitor temp and it's dead center during acceleration etc. just weird if it were head gasket I'd think it would overheat consistently, both fans are working fine because I must've had some air pockets during the first warm up as it overheated after idling for a good bit and up the road and back ~2miles next morning ran just fine until 12mi and pulling into work it snapped over, coming home it snapped over after sitting at intersection for ~5mins and about 1/4mi after accelerating it jumped then came back to normal for the remainder of the drive - I kind of on the fence on getting a different t-stat and going through the process again.

If you attempt this remove both headlight bolts(10mm) and slide them forward it will give you all the room you lack to get the AC condenser forward and get the fan and radiator out a whole lot easier(in separate pieces of course) I left the lower transmission cooling line attached and disconnected it at the tranny and reinstalled the same without any clearance issues(well a little wiggling of the fan shroud) but much easier that way.

Archived