CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'94 Eldo a/c wiring harness connecter

Ion

I've had to rig this connector (to coolant rail, for lack of better description) many times and it's time to look into finding a replacement. First off, does anyone know the name of this part? Next...can I buy only the connector (and solder wiring to it) or do I have to buy the entire wire harness that it's attached to?

post-6740-0-61547100-1376342745_thumb.jp

That looks like it might be the A/C high side temperature sensor. You should be able to get it separately. I don't see it listed as such on Rock Auto.

I've had good luck in the past walking in with a broken part and asking "Do you have one of these?" They may give you one for a 2008 Escalade but is identical to your part except for color or some such. If they ask, tell them it's an A/C temperature sensor connector and that may do it. If you get a clerk that needs the VIN, well, give it to him.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

That is the high side temperature sensor in the A/C system. The refrigerant must be recovered in order to replace it. Is the wire harness damaged or is something damaged on the sensor?

If it is just the wiring harness, you could check with a dealer to see if the connector is available as a service part or you could go to a junkyard and get a connector with 3 inches of wire and solder it to the existing harness.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I had to re-r-e-re-solder the wires to the connector. This has been going on for years and I think I just re-soldered for the last time. Not much left of the female wire mount inside the connector pictured in my hand. Once a wire detaches from this connector, the blower motor shuts down. Once it is re-connected, blower motor works fine. BTW...I like the junkyard concept, as I'm no stranger to soldering wires together!

For a more permanent repair, you can get weatherproof crimp-tool splices at the auto parts store.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived