CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Day late & couple of turbos short!

Long story short, my son was in the market for a new car. I tried to steer him to the local Caddy dealer of course, as he had previously showed interest in both the CTS and XTS. He had already checked out a new Audi A6 so he agreed he should at least check the Caddys for a comparison.

He unfortunately was not impressed with the performance of the current 3.6L motor at all. In his words, the XTS was a super sharp car and rode very nice, but nowhere close to the "get-up and go" of the 3L supercharged V6 Audi. I told him about the 2014 CTS Sport with the twin turbo, but unfortunately the dealer informed him that it is still 30-60 days out. His car was recently totaled in an accident so he could not wait....

He showed me the A6 this a.m. and wow, what a car! Audi has sure come a long ways from the era where they once where looked at as a joke. The style, creature comforts, fit, function and quality of this vehicle looks superb! We'll see how she stands the test of time, he's pretty hard on his vehicles! At this price tag though, I have a feeling he'll take pretty good care of it...

On a side note, I did try and steer him to the CTS-V of course (having driven one myself) but he said that was way more performance and $ than he had in mind...

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

I agree Audi has come a long way. They are very nice and powerful. There systems are very sophistocated which makes diagnosing and repair more difficult than Cadillac, Also parts cost can be higher. I have seen many Audis with over 300k running strong, but then I have seen others with what seems like nothing but trouble. I wish him the best of luck

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I would expect a new A6 to be awesome. Kid got a new Infiniti G sedan. After 1/2 dozen GM cars he is amazed at good build quality for once.

Archived