CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My "new" Seville -90 has no DRL. In Sweden (as in Canada) we must use DRL or low beam around the clock. Can anyone tell me the difference between the wireing on US and Canadien. I´d like to think it´s just an added relay.......? If so: Modell, number and location of this?

Really. Wow That is a first for me. Your Caddy does not have twilight sentinel? I am surprised. I thought it was a factory option since at least the 70s. I have never had one without it

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Ooopps..... Missunderstanding! My bad!

It does have the the twilight sentinel but not the "auto on/off DRL". The owners manual says this is different between US and Canada and the DRL is only present on Canadien cars. The DRL means the low beam goes on whit a lower voltage automaticly when you start the car.

interesting. This would be controlled by the twilight sensor on the dash pad. During the day it runs high beams at half intensity. What if you left the twilight on? would that be acceptable?

I can tell you that from experience adding Factory DRL feature is not walk in the park.

They do have kits available but I would not feel comfortable running it with a cadillac

GM FAN FOREVER

No, on my car (as the book confirms) there is NO light during daytime. DRL comes on when it gets darker. I need it all the time!

More reading confirmed my initial thougts - One extra relay on the "canadien" version! Think this is just P and P but can anyone tell me what type of relay? It´s supposed to sit in position "G" on a canadien Seville -90.

RY116 is A Standard part number and it calls for automatic headlamps. It looks like a regular 5 terminal square relay. That would be excellent if all you had to do was to add a relay.

one wouldnt even think it could be that easyy

GM FAN FOREVER

No, I guess You are right....... The "G"-position had no wires. :(

More confuseing: There are conflicting diagrams - one in the owners manual and one totaly different inside the fusebox lid. Actually the only thing they have in common is the "G" for DRL........

OM says the others are L/H beam, AC, 2 for acc., horn.

Lid says there are 3 for fans. Hmmmmm.......

I am not surprised. If it was as simple as a relay you would think everyone would have it.

Conflicting diagrams is interesting. I wonder if it could have anything to do with an export model. I will see if I can send you a diagram for the DRL circuit to help you figure something out

GM FAN FOREVER

• 2 weeks later...

Usually the twilight sensor and the sun load sensor for the A/C are located together in the center of the dashboard, between the defroster vents and the windshield.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Covering the A/C sensor will have some effect on the planning that the ACM does to control the cabin temperature but that will be subtle. If you must have running lights for driving in Sweden, I doubt that the ACM will need to deal with the hot sun and schedule extra cycle time to keep the car cool.

On the other hand, the car should be running the car's high beams at 75% power during the daytime as running lights, unless you have the slider for switching to headlights all the way off and over the detent. That should be legal in Sweden without covering the sensor.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Like I wrote earlier the DRL is NOT present on this modell and the owners manual confirms that!

However, the sentinell sensor was easy to find and blinding it seems to work fine. This also saves me from the message about "headlights on".

lol. let me share a small blonde story of mine.

A few years ago I was running errands with my Deville and when I got to one of my spots I was stumped because the domelights didnt work. I tried the doors and switch, etc... Then I remembered it is controlled by the sentinel switch and would not be needed during the day. Must have been just one of those days lol

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived