CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2007 dts engine light

hynmyt1

The first thing I would check is to see if the wire is plugged in properly on the engine temp sensor.

If it is... then you can go to Auto Zone and they can pull the codes for you.

Post the coses here and we will help you diagnose it.

Posted Image

Sounds like....maybe the Coolant temp sensor has gone bad. No question both the PCM and IPC use the same sensor and will turn on the SES lamp.

If prepared..the coolant sensor can be swapped out and only loose maybe a cup of coolant. You have to be fast. The coolant sensor is on the rear cylinder head, low, kinda down below the brake booster.

I think you'll need a scanner to access the codes. No more self-diagnostics on the 2007.

This sounds kinda obvious, but check the coolant to be sure it is full. I have seen cars that didn't show hot and were to low on coolant. If its too low it wont reach the sensor to even register

I have 2007 dts northstar the engine light came on and temp guage is now in operative it does not read any temp. Does any one have any ideas Thanks Jim

Your concern is certainly understandable regarding these issues. It is recommended to have the vehicle serviced if you're unable to resolve them. Please keep us posted on the status and send a PM if you're having it looked at by Cadillac Techs. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

Cadillac Customer Assistance

Archived