CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1994 Deville vacuum leak

PAUL T

I found a vacuum leak in my in-laws 94 Deville. It is the hose that comes out of the passengers side of the intake manofold and connects on the rear bank. What does this do and how do I get to it? It looks as if the itake manifold will have to be loosened or taken off. Does anyone have a picture or diagram of it?

I believe that the 1994 DeVille has the 4.9 OHV V8. This sounds like the PCV valve hose, which I would venture comes out of the throttle body and goes to the PCV valve which is probably insterted into a grommet in the valve cover.

Anyone with a 1994 FSM or a similar motor in their car?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I found a vacuum leak in my in-laws 94 Deville. It is the hose that comes out of the passengers side of the intake manofold and connects on the rear bank. What does this do and how do I get to it? It looks as if the itake manifold will have to be loosened or taken off. Does anyone have a picture or diagram of it?

I am sorry guys, I gave you the wrong car. It is a 2004 Deville. I think I have figured it out. The problem is the rubber elbow that connects to the vacuum tube in the end of the intake manifold and goes to the PCV valve. It is split causing a vacuum leak.

Update: Fixed the 2004 Deville vacuum leak. Had to take the intake manifold out to get to the passenger side end to fix a elbow that ripped open somehow. Fuel rail with the injectors was popped out to get to the manifold bolts. Replaced the rubber elbow with a hose with an elbow molded in it. No parts were left over after the repair. Everything was tightened back down, no more codes, and running great. Gas mileage should improve also. Thanks for the help.

:bluesbrothers:

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived