CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Wheels for my '98 STS

speedyman_2

Personally, I like either chrome or bright machined aluminum. I don't care for the gunmetal colors that are popular today -- because it looks like your wheels are always covered by a thick layer of brake dust.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Both of those rims look hot! My only concern (call me lazy) ,because they're rather "busy" looking, who's going to clean all those nooks when they get dirty? Personally I like the gun metal on "spokey" looking rims but I like chrome on the chunkier rims like the ones on Davedog's ETC. Either way they'll both look sharp.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

ooooooOO!!!!

That "deep dish" look will look really tough!!

Beautiful choice!

I think the gun metal finish will look best with those wheels. I am usually more partial to chrome, and that was my first thought, but the more I thought about it, those wheels have a BMW look to them (thats a good thing!), and lots of Bimmer's nicest, toughest looking wheels have a gun metal finish.

Very, Very sweet deal!

Can't wait for Pics!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Oh, Cullipac, good question!

I forgot to ask that too.

I would recomend 18's, or 19's at most. Not to wild, but still a choice improvement.

Ultimately your decision though!

Scott

I like the crome one's myself, but then again, i'm just a chrome kinda guy ;)

They give your car a very sporty look! Go for it!

I agree though, they may be harder to clean with all those little spokes.....mine, for example are very easy to clean.

P.S. Those nighttime pics are AWESOME, where were those taken, I LOVE the backround - very cool

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I like the crome one's myself, but then again, i'm just a chrome kinda guy ;)

They give your car a very sporty look! Go for it!

I agree though, they may be harder to clean with all those little spokes.....mine, for example are very easy to clean.

P.S. Those nighttime pics are AWESOME, where were those taken, I LOVE the backround - very cool

I took that photo at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, CA one night after the 1/8 mile drags they have there. I'm more for the chrome too ;) And I don't really mind the cleaning.

IPB Image

Check out www.mcsmk8.com/97sts if you want to see what those wheels would look like on your car. The Dude's car is black but you will get the idea. The Host loves himself... but the car is interesting and there are many photo's.

scottshoe Posted on Nov 15 2004, 10:20 PM

Check out www.mcsmk8.com/97sts if you want to see what those wheels would look like on your car. The Dude's car is black but you will get the idea. The Host loves himself... but the car is interesting and there are many photo's. 

Are those factory emblems on his Cadillac. The 32V ones?

I'm thinking about getting a set of those or a V8 badge and placing them on the front fender, behind the wheel.

What does everyone think.

post-3-1101582577.jpg

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

I think that "32 V" label he stuck on there is hokey (just the N* badge cut off)...

however those V8 badges you have would be a nice touch.

Did you guys read his write up about the car? Sheesh! Give me a break, the car looks OK, but I have seen nicer. Maybe not condition-wise, but certainly interms of wheels, colour, etc,. Scottshoe was right, the guy is a little full of himself.

Scott

Archived