CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

exhaust sounds/vibration

Last year I had my pipe welded back on and was good but untill I rev up to about 2k rpm.. I got Tuffy Auto Center check it free and they said the welding is solid but it might be the catylic shield..but its really rusted and notice the flow pipe was bad.. (after the manifolds and before catylic converter..) so

My questions are which exhbasut system will u recommend because my flow pipe and ccat converter is rusted out so illl ahave to replace both..

If I got a magnaflow catylic convedrter will it make it loud ?

Whcich exhaust sysem from fl,ow pipe to exhaust tips are good for a smooth quiet souns..

Any deal?

Thanks ahgain

Caddy

Info members

just buy replacement parts. rockauto.com should have all the parts you need to just replace whatever part of the exhaust. Your cat is worth money though, make sure to recycle it for some good cash. I just bought all the pipes and mufflers and everything from the cats back, dual exhaust on my fleetwood from rockauto and it was $250 shipped. Wouldve been more at a local parts store and the exhaust shop wanted $550.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

yes unfortunately they dont. You are talking about the flex portion of the downpipe. And the pipe is not fun to change either.

I wondered if it is possible to buy a flex pipe section and cut out the old and weld in the new section.

I wonder if your rattle is the same as mine. Mine rattles at higher Rpms. It rattles on the bar between the front and rear doors, just to the front of the resonator

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Yes it s what I'm listening to aswell..but idk I've had ppl say it does take a good while for it.

I'm still in need of a good smooth soundind ex system..and yes mine does at higher Tom's aswell

dealers carry exhaust too. You could try them for the part you need.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

dealers around here scare me when it comes to cat pipes. Seems they are worth gold lol

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

dealers around here scare me when it comes to cat pipes.

Seems they are worth gold lol

Find the price online for the OEM pipe...

Take that price to your dealer and see if they will match it... some of them will.

Posted Image

Archived