CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ebtcm problem

hello everyone .grandad said (its always somethin)now its completely fried EBTCM and the horrible performance that second gear starts provide!!!!water got into the connector and completely corroded the pins off the module!needless to say millions of codes!no first gear ,and im wondering should i disconnect the connector completely (is it possible for the EBTCM to damage the ECU ?)it seems to be fine other than the no first gear ! also is their a way to override the first gear disable feature ??? as i live in cancun and their isnt not one caddy in the local junkyards. and the gm dealer cant or wont order it for me and they quoted like 3,000 dollars if they could! any help would be greatly appreciated

Do a web search on the part number. You can get an EBTCM for $300 if you try.

The connector may be a tougher challenge. Your best bet there might be to get a wiring harness from a salvage yard. The only challenge would be to get them to ship to Mexico.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

yes that is the problem does anyone know of a autoparts store that reliably ships to mexico? now surely their are enough people with similar problems over the years and SOMEONE has figured out how to RE-ENABLE 1ST GEAR that is really the only thing that is causing problems while i wait to find and get my replacement ebtcm.thanks i hope someone has a solution for the no 1st gear?

yes that is the problem does anyone know of a autoparts store that reliably ships to mexico? now surely their are enough people with similar problems over the years and SOMEONE has figured out how to RE-ENABLE 1ST GEAR that is really the only thing that is causing problems while i wait to find and get my replacement ebtcm.thanks i hope someone has a solution for the no 1st gear?

I have no solution for the no 1st gear...

I haven't heard of anyone being able to bypass the 1st gear lockout... sorry...

Have you CALLED RockAuto to see if they ship to Mexico???

They have your part... call 'em and see if they ship to Cancun...

Posted Image

Archived