CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

foglamps

rockfangd

Hello all. I have found a donor eldorado that has forglamps. I wantedd to know if my 97 SLS is wired for foglamps. I know you need the hedlight switch and the 2 complete lamp fixtures which I have pulled before. Does anyone have any info on this?

Also is it possible to add rainsense wiper provision.

althugh my ETC was loaded I must say I miss the features

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

From the 1997 FMS, page 8A-103-0/1, the front fog lamps are operated by the PZM through the FOG LAMP RELAY in the engine compartment relay center, and a 10 Amp fuse in the engine compartment fuse/relay center is marked FOG FUSE. A lit bar on the headlamp switch tells the IPC that the switch is on; apparently the IPC tells the PZM to turn them on, and when the switch lights that verifies that power is applied to the lamps. Page 8A-103-2/3 shows a separate switch operating the rear fog lamps the same way. The fuse and relay for the rear are in the trunk compartment fuse block and trunk compartment relay center #1. The 10 Amp fuse is labeled RT PARK FUSE. It would seem that everythign is in the wiring harness, and that all you need to add would be the relays, the fuses, the lamps, and most importantly the switches on the dashboard that are listed as part of the headlight switch.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

you can have mine. never have used them. kids used to drive car and they always turned them on. but i never have. those newer led strips look kinda cool though. the effort required to add aux lights never seems to be worth it. its not like i have a rally car.

the switch is located above the sentinel switch on the headlight switch but I dont know if the pigtails for the lamps exist in my harness and would they be tucked up somewhere behind the front bumper? Also not sure if replacing the front bumper is necessary, like the Deville

GM FAN FOREVER

• 2 weeks later...

so does anyone know if the pigtails exist when the featur is not present. I am debating purchasing a complete oem setup, near mint but do not want to waste money. I dont see the holes in the bumper either. Weird?

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived