CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2004 Deville Rear Passenger Window Fell Out!!!

PAUL T

I have a 2004 Deville that the rear window rolled down and will not come up. It acts like the window regulator has fell out of its track. You can hear the motor running and some clicking like it is out of track. I need a shop manual diagram so I can take the rear door panel off with out breaking something else. I already broke the cheap ash tray cover. If someone can scan their 2004 shop manual diagram of it and send it to me in a PM, I would really appreciate it. Even if you know of a website that might have it. I hate to go into it blindly especially when it has an airbag. I will check ebay for a shop manual also.

Sounds like the famous 'pop-n-drop' window regulator.

Almost always a failed plastic nugget holding the window up/down control cable.

Logan,

I recall you came up with a fix for this issue. Do you have a picture of what breaks and the adheshive used to repair it. I want to be prepared if mine break.

I think those cable type window regulators are a POS... no matter what type of car they're on. The old scissors type regulators rarely, if ever had issues.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I am finding out that you are right about it being famous. What is the best and easiest fix?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got the rear window fixed on the 04 Deville. I used the cotter pin method and used a sinker crimped to the cable as a spacer. It worked real well and was a really inexpensive fix. There was another problem, the bottom dash cover under the steering wheel had fallen down. I looked and just about all the plastic tabs that held the clips were broke. I thought GM had learned about using cheap plastics after the airbox cover problem. This is the first I have ever gotten into my father-in-laws 04 and unfortunatly I have to say that for a pricey vehicle the interior plastics suck. The rear door ash tray cover broke while I attempted to take the door pannel off with very little effort. I was especially careful. I remember buying my 94 Concours after owning our first 92 Deville. I could not belive the difference in how cheap the plastics got in just 2 years. The interior quality of the 94 was aweful, but after working on the 04 I feel interior quality kept going down hill. I hope for Cadillacs sake the interior quality is better now especially for a high dollar car.

Archived