CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hod do you program the exit position?

When I shut off the car or press the exit button, the seat goes back and the wheel moves up a little. If I repeatedly press the exit button the wheel will continue inching upwards and finally the telescoping draws in. How can I set it so that upon turning off the car, the wheel will move all of the way up and all of the way in?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Unless the '08 is different from mine you set everything to the position you want for exit. Then press set and exit, in that order. Check your owners manual to be sure.

I have gone through the owners manual but all it tells me in respects to programming the exit is that I can turn the feature on and off via DIC. There are three buttons on the door. 1/exit/2

To program one and two, you set everything to where you want then and hold the button down that you want to program it to until 2 beeps are heard. That same proceedure does not seem to work for the exit button.

post-10616-130007286637_thumb.jpg

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings...

The EXIT button is "NOT" programmable.

Since I am the only one who ever drives my DTS.. I programmed the other SETTINGS button as my EXIT button.

Of course this won't work if two different people drive the car.

Posted Image

sorry to hijack but I have a similair question on my 97 seville. how is the exit feature supposed to work? it seems the only time it works is if i hit the exit button? I thought it was supposed to exit when you ahut the key off or open the door

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

So there is no way that even a dealer could reprogram it?

It "MIGHT" be possible to program it using a TECH 2.

The TECH 2 is a pretty amazing thing when used by someone that really knows what they are doing.

I did not check into that, since I am the only one that drives mine.

The rear height of mine was reprogrammed by the dealer I use for service, after the selling dealer said it couldn't be done.

Posted Image

sorry to hijack but I have a similair question on my 97 seville. how is the exit feature supposed to work? it seems the only time it works is if i hit the exit button? I thought it was supposed to exit when you ahut the key off or open the door

Mine can be set in the DIC to work when the key is turned off and removed.

Posted Image

Apparently they changed it with the '06 model. I wasn't aware of that.

Yes, yours should IF you have the feature turned via the feature programming. You may have it turn off.

Archived