CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2008 CTS Memory Seats Problem

Well, we are now a two Cadillac Family. Replaced the wife's aging New Beetle(2001) - mostly due to the fact that out 8 month old was getting hard to get in and out of her beetle.

Anyway, picked up a new (to us) 2008 Cadillac CTS, AWD, 3.6DI, black on black - with nearly every feature they offered that year. We love it.

I cannot, however, for the life of me program the driver 1/2 memory seats. We have a 2005 SRX - so we are familiar with the process. First off can anyone with this year CTS confirm/deny if the driver 1/2 and exit mode buttons on the door are supposed to light up at night? Ours do not - while every other button in the car does.....

If I enable memory seats though the DIC - and unlock the car with a FOB - the seat/mirrors/steering wheel adjust. So that part of the system works. You are supposed to be able to adjust the seat, etc to your liking, then press and hold the 1 or 2 button on the door until it beeps to store new settings. I get nothing, No beeps on either button - and the exit mode button does nothing either.

Still has some factory warranty on it, but I'd love to avoid a dealership visit it possible. Thanks!

Here is our new 2nd vehicle!

1151572909_Bm7Hd-M.jpg

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

My DTS has that same setup...

Based on everything else working... and none of the three buttons work...

I assume you have already checked for a bad fuse...

My first guess is the button panel is bad or a wire has came loose...

Second guess is the control module needs to be re-flashed or replaced.

Posted Image

Thanks for the reply Jim,

Those were similar to some of my ideas. I even considered taking apart the door panel to check for a loose connection, but I decided of I had to go that far, the dealership could do it.

The flashing may be the culprit though - it's amazing what is controlled by the computer these days. While my SRX was still under warranty the adjustable petals stopped working, it was simply a matter of the dealership hooking a computer up to the car and 'resetting' the part of the computer that controlled that - has worked ever since.

Assuming I don't find an easy fix, I'll report back here on what the dealership finds.

Beautiful car, good luck with it Dave

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Thanks BBF, we're excited! Although we've been literally snowed in for 2 days now....we live just outside of Chattanooga, TN (on the GA side) - and got 8 inches of snow Mon. Almost unheard of here. It shut everything down - as they just don't have the equipment to move this much snow. Hopefully we'll thaw soon....we're both gonna try to get to work tomorrow....

FIXED!

Wanted to report back on my findings. While I looked over the Car-Fax before I purchased this CTS, I was just looking for the big stuff (accidents, repeat problems, etc). I was looking over it in more details today and happened to notice: "Front Window Regulator Replaced, Front Door Panel Replaced" - HMMMMMM, that got me thinking, if the dealership had been messing around in the door, they may have forgotten to hook something back up....like the memory seat buttons!

Removed the door panel - sure enough - memory seats wiring harness WAS NOT plugged in. Plugged it back in, and everything works normally now! The buttons even light up.

YES, I know it's under warranty - but going to the dealership is such a hassle, and this took about me 10 mins (I've removed door panels in several model vehicles before) - so I couldn't be happier!

This probably won't help anyone though, as I'm sure this isn't a common thing to happen.

The crazy thing is the Window Regulator was replaced back in 2008! But when I took delivery of the car the memory seats option wasn't even turned 'ON' in the DIC ('OFF' is the factory default!) - so maybe the previous owner never even tried to use the feature?

Kinda disappointing considering this came from an actual Cadillac Dealership, and it was 'Cadillac Certified Pre-owned'.

Oh Well, all is well that ends well I suppose. Stuff Happens.

Dave,

It amazes me that people buy nice automobiles and then don't use half the stuff they paid for.

I know people that have sunroofs and "NEVER" use them.

Heck.. I try to use everything on my car...that's what I bought it for.

If I didn't want to use all the GOODIES.. I would have bought a base model Cadillac or maybe an Impala...

Really glad you got it fixed and it was so simple.

Also, thanks for reporting back on the fix.. :hatsoff:

Posted Image

Archived