CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Adding factory moon roof to car.

I found a parts Caddy for pretty cheap. It has the factory moon roof. I was thinking of adding that moon roof to my current Caddy that does not have one. Is it possible? I'm not sure if the shell of the car is different if it's ordered with or with out a moon roof? I know it's not worth getting just for the roof, but if the struts are the same FE3 option and some other parts are good on this car i might pick it up. Use what i need and part out the rest. Any interest in 1997 STS parts?

Where can i buy elbow grease? I don't want to use any of mine!

I guess anything is possible... but I would not recommend adding the factory sunroof to a non-sunroof car. I am sure there are reinforcements in the roof panel that wouldn't be there with a non-sunroof car. Then there's the potential for water leaks that could turn into a nightmare.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

What color is the car and interior? I have a need for a couple of parts, but it depends on the color.

Pearl white EXT, light tan INT.

I am highly interested in 2 things, the glove compartment latch( with the lock cylinder removed, easy to do with the door key)

and does the car have a plastic shift bezel or a wood shifft bezel, Also heated seats?

Possibly pics.

Please PM me. thanks

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

The deal fell through. He was not willing to drop his price.

For further reference, when people put sunroofs in cars that didnt have them they cut out the roof skin around the sunroof and weld that in to your existing roof. Because the roof sheet metal is rolled down which you most likely cant recreate. 42 and 44" sunroofs from old lincolns and cadillacs are super popular with lowrider guys and they put them on cadillacs or any cars they can fit them on.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived