CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hey Logan! I have an LED related question

STS Scott

This one is directed at Logan, but I would appreciate anyones input!...

In my STS (which features a functioning LED bar, thanks to your work!), I have replaced all six of the regular 1157 bulbs with LED replacement bulbs (I purchased them here: www.autolumination.com ). I find that at night and during dusk/dawn, they generate adequate amounts of light, however during the day, the light they generate is barley noticeable...all you can see is a red dot (the bulb) and not the whole lens lighting up, as with a regular bulb. Not only is this not as safe, but not the look I was after.

Now I realize a little bulb can in no way reproduce the intensity of the LED's like on your "DTS", or my Dads, but I would like to get best effect I can. One thing I realize about LED's is that, unlike regular bulbs, the light only travels where ever the LEDs are aimed, and not in all directions. I assumed the bulbs I purchased (they call them the "Matrix" bulbs) with LEDs aimed backwards as well as forwards, would accomodate for this, but only marginaly.

The question I am getting at is, based on your knowledge of the topic, is there a bulb of this type manufactured that is outstanding, relative to others (others such as mine), in terms of light out-put, quality, Etc?

I remember a while back one of the guys with a 98+ STS converted his signals to LEDs, and stated that www.superbrightleds.com is the best there is. I guess my other question is, are there bulbs actually "Super Bright", relative to other "Not so Bright" ones? Is there a scale at which this is measured?

Should I just accept the bulbs I have, or are there better ones made?

Thanks Logan!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

This one is directed at Logan, but I would appreciate anyones input!....

I remember a while back one of the guys with a 98+ STS converted his signals to LEDs, and stated that www.superbrightleds.com is the best there is. I guess my other question is, are there bulbs actually "Super Bright", relative to other "Not so Bright" ones? Is there a scale at which this is measured? ...

The turn signal bulb deal was me and the 'superbrightleds' were the best I could find on the web at the time.

Just curious if your cruise control is working normally when you have your lights on??

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Sorry, can't add directly to your problem, however, if anybody was wanting more light than the 1157 bulbs without going to LEDs, you can use a 2357 bulb.

The 2357s are brighter, however have a slightly shorter life span.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

during the day, the light they generate is barley noticeable...all you can see is a red dot (the bulb) and not the whole lens lighting up, as with a regular bulb. Not only is this not as safe, but not the look I was after.

This sounds like an accident waiting to happen.....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Hmmm, Most of the LED replacement lamps that I've looked at have "For OFF- road only". In other words, if it doesn't have D.O.T. approved on it, it isn't. When in doubt ask your vendor if the LED is D.O.T. approved.

rek

it would be really awesome if someone would come up with aftermarket LED brake lights just like the new deville, but for several different models like the eldorado for instance....

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Jim D, yes my cruise control does work when the lights are on.

Sorry for not being more helpful!

p.s. It has been said before, but that is one stunning Eldo!

Logan? Any thoughts?

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Archived