CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Digital cluster on 96 DeVille

jndnaps

Ok A few things.

The dealer may not even know if it is vin specific.

MY dealer didnt have a clue that the vin encrypted stereo didnt start till 98. They wanted to charge me 40.00 to program my radio on my 96. Long story.

I dont believe everything I hear from the dealer. To be honest I dont believe much.

I have a RFA module here from a 96 Eldorado that I was going to modify to try to extend the range but I never did it. I can pull it if you might be interested.

Also on the remote. I have sold many remotes and I make sure all work when sold and all have new battery(s) installed. the one I sold you was from my 96 Eldo and it worked great. I would say open the case and havee a look at the white box with the 2 solder joints. Also check the solder joints where the battery installs.

Thanks.

I hope this may help you

here are some pictures of the RFA module. It is behind the rear seat. On the passenger side toward the bottom. It has been awhile. It has a single plug with about 5 wires to it. Just out of curiosity could it have come disconnected when you had the seat out? Also there is a bit of grounds at the bottom behind the seat

100_2292.jpg

100_2290.jpg

100_2288.jpg

100_2286.jpg

I don't know if he knows what he's talking about, but I'm kinda burnt out with the car right now. I really don't feel like pulling the back seat out again. Either way, I can get one from the bone yard. There are a few in there.. Thanks for the offer though.. As for the remote, I looked at the solders and they looked fine. I'm not worried about that at all. As for the back seat, I only pulled the top out enough to pull the package tray out. If I remember correctly it's on the drivers side close to the top. I'll have to see how I feel in a day or so. Maybe I'll get some energy up and pull the seat again..

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

definately dont give up. hopefully it is something decent that we can figure out. Wish I could see the car myself. I would be more than happy to help you out. the 96 was the best year for the Deville. MAybe you can see the plug from the trunk through the plastic.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

definately dont give up. hopefully it is something decent that we can figure out. Wish I could see the car myself. I would be more than happy to help you out. the 96 was the best year for the Deville. MAybe you can see the plug from the trunk through the plastic.

I'm not giving up, just getting old and tired.. I'm only 49.. Geeeezzzz I feel 79 though.. :blink: I gotta get my butt in shape.. Got a bad back though.. I'm hoping all I have to do is unplug it and plug it back in.. Can't see it from the trunk.. I gotta swap out a washer and dryer tomorrow.. That'll kick my butt.. Maybe after that I can check it or later in the week.

I almost think it may be toward the passenger side. I will check in the morning. I can hear them click on mine when I use the remote

GM FAN FOREVER

you got it. Sticks right out. looks to have has the TSB for the range problem done.

See all the grounds on the braces. make sure they are all tight

GM FAN FOREVER

you got it. Sticks right out. looks to have has the TSB for the range problem done.

See all the grounds on the braces. make sure they are all tight

That's not my pic, got it off one of your threads. But when I get up the energy I'll give it a shot.. Hope it just came unplugged or something very easy..

lol thats probably the picture I was looking for from my Deville. It was when I installed thee factory cd changer. I take hundreds of detailed pictures. It is hard to keep trakc of them all

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived