CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97,000 mile 2009 CTS listed on Ebay

atikovi

100,000 miles in a year comes out to about 270 miles per day, 7 days a week. This is quite do-able for a traveling sales rep. In Texas, we called them Texas Tornadoes, and they were common, and not necessarily bad cars. Of course, it's easy to drive a couple of hundred miles every day between wholesalers. That's not so easy in the NE.

I bought one in 1961, a 1959 Chevrolet that had 30,000 miles on the clock in June, 1961, but had a note written in pencil inside the speedometer reading "60,000 miles, May 1959 - Andy" (Andy was a well-known speedometer shop guy in Austin, TX). It's factory 235.5 cid inline six-cylinder engine was, in fact, a 261, something I didn't know until I found out that it took seven quarts to do an oil change. I suspect that the car had about 120,000 miles on it when I bought it -- or, perhaps, if the ubiquitous dealer-dialing-of-the-odometer was not in effect, 130,000 miles on it. I drove that car for seven years, and sold it to a minister only because I felt like I wanted a V8, after having driven a 427 Corvette for a couple of years. The minister loved the car and drove it for years, until it rusted out in Boston.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Not sure if I can post this but here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150484546013&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT Wondering what you think of the car and the listing?

Seems a little pricey for a 100K mile car.

Possibly it was built in 2008 and sold quickly. I would ask for the Carfax and service records.

Archived