CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Gas Overflow When Filling Tank?

mohaveb

Hi Guys, I had a fuel pump replaced on my 89 eldorado birriatz and I cannot put more than a few gallons in before it clicks off and spits gas gauge says 7 gal but I think more like 3 or 4. This is the second pump after the first one failed at 60 miles. Probably die to low fuel very hot here 115+. Any suggestions?

ok well the tank had to be removed so you will have to look at the vent tube and make sure it is not pincched or kinked, same with the filler tube(but less likely)

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

If you changed the DIM or put in a new one, calibrating it may be the issue. The gas gauge output goes to the PZM which converts it to a digital signal, which then is sent to the DIM. The DIM uses a calibration for the particular sending unit to formulate the signal for the gauge on the dashboard.

If you are going to have your DIM calibrated, bring your old DIM with you to the dealer. They will use it to get all the calibrations out of it for your new DIM.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived