CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

STS-V Marketplace

Here are the three lowest priced 2008 STS-Vs on cars.com among those with under 30K miles; several are priced in the low 40s.

2008 Cadillac STS V

$36,987

27,729 mi.

Light Platinum, 4 door, RWD, Sedan, 6 speed automatic, 4.4L V8, Stock# 50285.

Dealer: Friendly Chevrolet-Buick (Troy, NC ~ 972 mi. away)

2008 Cadillac STS V [Listed within the last two days]

$38,650

17,808 mi.

Gray, 4 door, Sedan, AUTO 6SPD, 4.4L V8, Stock# 7534.

Dealer: Tropical Motor Cars (Erie, PA ~ 1097 mi. away)

2008 Cadillac STS V

$38,900

22,603 mi.

Light Platinum, 4 door, Sedan, AUTO 6SPD, 4.4L V8, Stock# RC1299.

Dealer: The Skipper Group (Carrollton, TX ~ 8 mi. away)

This is the one I test-drove.

Prices are perhaps in the low 30s at auction, but seem to be holding up above $35K at retail.

There perhaps will be some seasonal adjust as winter comes on, and of course on Dec 26 every car dealer is ready to move out inventory before the new tax year.

The 2008 added HUD, Lane departure warning, upgraded steering gear, and blind spot alert vs the 06/07.

The 09 STS-V is similar to the 08 but of course tends to be pricier.

Also watching this one, but it is likely to price high due to the low miles:

2008 Cadillac STS V

Not Priced

3,204 mi.

Black Raven, 4 door, Sedan, AUTO 6SPD, 4.4L V8, Stock# 18568K.

Dealer: Superior Buick Cadillac (Kansas City, MO ~ 423 mi. away)

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Here is the new CTS-V Wagon Review! TexasJim what do you think?

http://jalopnik.com/5604425/cadillac-cts+v-sport-wagon-first-ride

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Why don't you just stay on rt. 70 for a few hours on your way back from the gaming convention. You may be able to make a deal on that car in Kansas City.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

We'll be running pretty hard to get door to door on Sunday, so no few-hour side-trips. I have communicated with those guys to let them know I am interested but so far have not heard an actual price from them.

Bruce

Superior sent this info:

The STS-V we have here at this time is priced at $49998
so they are focused on the only 4k miles. Not likely to get that one down to my budget.

Bruce

Superior sent this info:

The STS-V we have here at this time is priced at $49998
so they are focused on the only 4k miles. Not likely to get that one down to my budget.

Too bad Bruce. If that dealer has 2011 models in his showroom, that 2008 STS-V is now three years old. Market will only support ~~ 50% of original MSRP (unless they find someone who really wants to own that particular car). I would bet it's still available 30 days from now.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

It is an odd time for used cars, with the market actually appreciating in some cases due to the economy and people's desires to hold onto cars longer in some cases. I am in a good position to wait for the 'right' car, so no worries. I'll keep watching the comparative shopping lists. As I have said, I would also love to grab a 2009 CTS-V once they cool off a bit in price, or if I got a great deal on a 2010 CTS Premium model. The CTS refresh on the Alpha platform and the ATS are coming down the pike, so not likely to want to keep the next Cadillac forever anyway.

Bruce

It is an odd time for used cars, with the market actually appreciating in some cases due to the economy and people's desires to hold onto cars longer in some cases.

Odd time is pretty close; I prefer irrational :D .

The closest Cadillac dealer to me has two XLRs on the lot;

2007 with 24,300 miles listed for $27,215

2009 V with 36,512 miles listed for $59,995.

Somone might be able to buy the 2007 for something close to 'market' but that V is way out of sync with reality. If I wanted a two seater (which I don't), my fisrt choice would be a Corvette.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hence the problem with XLR sales. The XLR is nicely packaged and I love the hard top convertible, but inevitably is compared with the Corvette and not with its targeted competition of high end luxury roadsters. I think only if Cadillac had 'brought the heat' with a lot more power & suspension work and kept the price tag down would the XLR have been successful.

Both the base and the V in my opinion were overpriced, but were priced below their lux roadster competition, so what can you do?

Bruce

Archived