CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ac blows wrong vents

eldorado97

Thank you to everyone that replied to my tranny problems. Transmission is fixed. Got it replaced for under 1200 bucks and that came with new seals,filters, and high temp fluid. Labor costs was only 825!!! Unfortunately i have a problem with my ac not blowing thru the dash vents as it has always done. I was pulling into a parking space and i heard a pop. When i left i noticed no air blowing. It does blow out the defroster and through heater vents if i change the mode. There are no codes that are current. I have read on the forum that it is possibly a vacumm leak and to check my parking brake. I just did and it did not release. So i need to know where to look for the bad hose or leak. Thank you for all your help.

Check the vacuum lines leading to the firewall. These are the ones that feed the A/C temperature/mode servos, and there to the emergency brake release.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Check the vacuum lines leading to the firewall. These are the ones that feed the A/C temperature/mode servos, and there to the emergency brake release.

There are 2 servos both electic driven motors, one accessible through the glove box panel at the rear of the box that pops right off & the other accessible from below after removing the lower dash trim above the foot area of the pass. side. If you have the symptom that one side blows hot and the other cold, the lower one controls the zones and can manually be positioned to work for your needs by hand until you can replace it with the $185.00 part. the upper & lower servo's are the same part number. The upper servo regulates the temp hot to cold.

There are 2 servos both electic driven motors, one accessible through the glove box panel at the rear of the box that pops right off & the other accessible from below after removing the lower dash trim above the foot area of the pass. side. If you have the symptom that one side blows hot and the other cold, the lower one controls the zones and can manually be positioned to work for your needs by hand until you can replace it with the $185.00 part. the upper & lower servo's are the same part number. The upper servo regulates the temp hot to cold.

The parts you refer to are the actuators - they control the temperature of the outlet air for the driver and front passenger. When the A/C blows out the defroster vent, the issue is always a vacuum leak.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Start with the parking brake release diaphragm. If that holds vacuum, then work your way back. The parking brake diaphragm is at the end of the vacuum circuit.

Thanks for all the information. I found a leak in a connector. I put the tip of my test light in it tight and started the car and it started blowing out the dash vents again. Also the parking brake released when putting car in reverse. Since i didnt have the right connector i was only able to wrap electric tape around it. The park brake still releases but it stopped blowing again. I dont think the tape is working good. But at least i know where the leak is and what i need to fix it! If i didnt have ac i would have to move from Florida!! So THANK YOU to all replies. Any and all information is helpful and could be useful in the future.

Archived