CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Shopping Navigation Units

I have found again recently after managing to take a long wander though a small town that I need a navigation unit I can take with me on trips.  Ideally one that would fit in my shirt pocket or portfolio, so if I fly in and get a rental car I can carry with.  Yes, [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Just my opinion, Bruce, but...

If I was using it for traveling, I would want the lightest one if possible.

The high resolution screen would be a MUST HAVE.

I would also want the LANE FEATURE...:D

My factory unit has that and it is "REALLY HELPFUL" when you are in a strange town.

The LOCATE feature could possibly come in handy also.

I lost the DTS one time in a parking garage... :D

Had to call OnStar and have them honk the horn for me to locate it. (laughing)

I was on the wrong floor of the parking garage.

Posted Image

This is the new thin model 3700 series

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Bruce

Just get a Droid. It does require a digital data signal to work though. That rules out desolate areas away from cell signals. The phone then speaks the directions to you in the same way (better actually) that OnStar Turn-by-Turn Nav does. It is very accurate and includes a GPS unit and compass as well. I don't find screen size a big issue, and I certainly don't need something mounted on my dash that might block my vision. I just keep mine in the cupholder and turn up the media volume.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Or this: http://garminfone.t-mobile.com/ Same thing in reverse, consolidate so you only have one unit to take with you...even in rental cars.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I have 2 phones now, and have played with nav on the phone but it left me unimpressed. I am sold on the feature set for the 3750 but the $312 seems a bit high for a gadget this week, so I'm letting it simmer for now.

Bruce

Archived