CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Zaino Products on a Black STS

AaronM

Zaino is the best! Here are some pictures of my 92 STS with 2 coats of Z-5 and 1 coat of Z-2. This stuff is awesome. First I used the clay bar and it made the paint super shiny and very slick. Then I added 2 coats of Z-5 and 1 coat of Z-2 with the Z-6 spray between each coat. I also have 2 coats of Z-2 on the wheels. This stuff is amazing! It made my paint look perfect; even on my 12 year old car! The polish repels the water very well! It really beads up!

Rear Door-I need to clean the wheel wells, haha!

Zaino%201.jpg

Side View

Zaino_2.jpg

Reflection of paint from trunk

Zaino_3.jpg

Z-2 really made those wheels shine!

Zaino_4.jpg

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

That's how my '92 Seville SLS looks after I've washed and waxed with Zymol.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Looks Great.

No way that's a 12-year old car :P Was it hiding somewhere for about 10-years?

However, before you enter in Concours Event, you may want to clean and spray the inside wheel wells (as you noted). They tend to show up after all the hard work on the paint and tires.

Then of couse, you'l be avoiding puddles etc on the road :)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

looks AWESOME!!!!

i have had my 12 year old caddy for one year now....haven't actually waxed it yet, but I think I might do it now...

this thing looks pretty good for a 12 year old caddy too:

p6090003.jpg

p6090007.jpg

what do you think, should i wax it....is it really needed....i wash my caddy at least once a week. :P

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Davedog-That Eldo looks great!!! I would wax it just to protect the paint. I think most waxes have UV protection. It sure is great for a '92! It looks new!

It took me about 4 hours total. I enjoyed every bit of it. Although it did rain last night so now my car has junk on it from the rain and from the trees :rolleyes: .

Adallak- I have never used Maxfactor. The name sure sounds cool though!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Zaino%201.jpg

Aaron,

I discovered that $4 engine degreaser from your local auto parts store really cuts through the stuck on mud in your wheel wells, and leaves a nice shine…but make sure to spray it on the towel and not directly onto the place you want to clean, because it can stain your driveway cement… worked great for me!

awesome wax job on the Caddy Aaron, i never tryed Zaino believe it or not

one day...

BTW daveog looking clean as usual! is that a farm you live on! ?

nope, not a farm, just my parents back yard in PA. I saw how nice their yard looked, and decided, "hey, my caddy would look nice there" :P

Anyway, thanks for the compliment, my parents/friends think i'm nuts for spending so much time washing/cleaning my caddy. ;)

so back to wax here....is Zaino where it's at Believe it or not i have not waxed many cars! So I am somewhat a newbie to waxing. And why so many coats? Is that nessary? Someone told be a should get a dark colored wax since i have a dark colored car...is that true? I used to use plain ol' turtle wax on my old caddy and any chip in the paint would show up since the wax was a lighter color then the paint.....is this the reason for the "colored" wax? Sorry - this will probably start a whole new topic on waxes!

Just want the best for my baby! :rolleyes:

-dave B)

P.S. I know the pictures make it look black, but this is actually the "very dark green" what ever thats called.

p6090019.jpg

i think its called forrest green. sharp *smurf* car man.. i detailed mine yesterday, my cam has dead batteries and its to hot to go get some. spent about 8 hours on it so far, i have buffing comound on the hood and trunk.. was out there at 5am trying to get it off, neighboor was laughing at me and shaking his head.. says im "real dedicated" lol, translation: you need therapy.

i always though the polo green was the slightly lighter, more blue-ish green....but who the heck knows.

anyway, any waxing product prefs/tips?

Cadillac STS: Thanks for the tip! I will have to try that this week!!!

Davedog-With Zaino, the more coats you apply the deeper and wetter the shine gets. I am not an expert on waxes at all, but I think that normal waxes desinegrate the first layer of wax if you apply a second coat, so basically, there is no need for multiple coats. Zaino is formulated so the coats bond to each other. The more coats, the deeper the paint looks. I may be wrong, but I think that is how it works. I am not sure about the dark colored wax, I have never tried any. I like the Zaino polish alot. They have a kit that is about $95.00 with shipping. It comes with everything to make you paint shine. It is quite pricey, but this stuff is great! Plus, it lasts a long time. On the back of the wax bottles, it says there is enough to wax 20 corvettes. So you could probably get a few years out of the kit. You can go to www.zainobros.com. They have a bunch of info on there.

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

thanks for the info!

is it available in stores, or only online?

again...your car looks AWESOME!!!

we should start a thread for pics of all the 92 caddies on here...it seems there are a good bit of them

-dave B)

Initial cost isnt cheap but cost per application isnt bad. And nothing that I have found lasts longer. It will go through a MI winter and still shine. Easiest stuff to apply and buff of also. Just follow the directions and you cant go wrong.

I am pretty sure that it is only available online. Thanks again, your car is great as well B) . A thread of 92 caddies would be cool!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

They sell the whole Zanio line of products at a shop in the local mall here, in Windsor Ontario.

It is a barbershop/Automobile memorabila place. I believe that is the only spot you can purchase it for many miles, for people come from all over the place to get some.

The store is called simply "The Barber Shop", and it is in Devonshire Mall, for anyone who is interested.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Hi Aaron

Your car looks good I never tried Zanio products I use mequires or 3m productd I get good results with them. Here's a pic of the reflections on the side doors Black sure does shine but a pain in the A-- to keep looking good.

Cheers

Jim

picture.JPG

Archived