CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

BAD TRANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beato

sometimes when taking off I feel something vibrating(like a compressorgoing off) can be felt on pedals,and then it quits.Trany shifts ok and doesnt slip and no tranny codes.Only codes I have areB2144andB2147.I thought it may be a bad engin mount but checked and the mounts are ok.Problem only happens once in a while when taking off in first gear.Need help!!!!!!!!!!

it may be exhaust lines touching something under the car. It will happen only under hard accelaration (say taking off from a stop). Try to power brake with open hood and see how much your engine moves in D and R.

I had similar problem for two years and could diagnose the source of the noise only after power braking on a hoist. Exhaust pipe hit a bracket under the car despite it seemed to be far enough from the exhaust line.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I had that same problem too :) I also had some bad tranny mounts making the same sort of thing.. but it wasn't on this car.. This engine has so many darn mounts all over it any one of them could be bad and giving you trouble. you can't really visually inspect them, you either have to take it apart or maybe power brake while someone looks at it ..

Its probabibly the traction control modulating the throttle in an attempt to reduce and control wheel spin. I get that once in a while when I accelerate hard and one wheel catches and the other spins. The traction control reduces the throttle in order to control the one spinning wheel. If you get both wheels to spin at the same time, it will sort of fool the traction control into thinking that they are not slipping. See if you can get both to spin and then compare it with only one wheel spinning. That might be the problem. Hope this helps ;)

hehe there is no computer just for traction control.... try pulling the ABS fuse and then try it again

Uh....yes there is - it's called the Electronic brake and traction control module or EBTCM...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived