CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fuel Rail Recall Information

JasonA

It looks like Bigboy made a call to GM and got the correct info, but I wanted to include these links here, for the documents so everyone can have the correct information. Almost 500,000 vehicles are affected...so far. If they add others to the list, that number will obviously go up. If you want any of the documents or are just curious, here is the page:

http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/recall.html

Please let me know if anything is confusing or inaccurate.

Thanks,

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Well I was wordering about my 98 had it checked it had the old fuel rails on it and they replaced them and it solved my idol problem. Why would they put older style fuel rails on the 98 what did they run out or something. <_<

It's not covered by the recall, but it may be a part of the defective batch. With further investigation, GM might include later years as well.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Well, for what it's worth, I went to my local Cadillac Dealership and brought up the issue of the fuel rail issue and was told specifically that it was a 1995 issue ONLY! Case and point, if you have anything else, your wasting your time

Not correct - the recall is for 1995-1997 model years. There is a lot of misinformation at the dealerships.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived