CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fuel Rail Recall Update

Ranger

I just called Ms. *smurf* Kent, Director Product Investigations (586-986-8029), at GM to get clarification on whether or not the '96 & '97's are included. She was unavailable but I was transfered to Joy and she told me that they are included. They did not want to include all at once because of availability of the SS fuel rails. With good reason they started with the older models first. The dealers will be notified Sept 1 on the '96's and about Oct 1 on the '97's. She said if there is a leak, dealers are instructed to take care of the problem. If not, be patient and the recall letter will be coming. Hope this helps to clarify this recall.

Yeah just before i read your post i called and talk to the service manager at my dealer ship he told me that right now that they will put a nylon/plastic fuelrail on and when the recall is issued (in oct according to Larrys post) theyll call me bcak in redo the fuel line at no cost and reinburse me for my work done today. Oh well looks like ill have a nother no intrest investment tied up for 3-4 months at least it will be in time for christmas. As long as they dont drag their feet on me. Larry you were lucky when i spoke with the secretary she told me they were allin the the meeting. i guess Ms. *smurf* was the only one out today.

I guess the fuel rail recall issue has been resolved for now for every one in question. Do the 98 and up already have the SS?

OK got my Eldo back form the dealer yesterday. Turns out the SS rails for 97 are out, but i think they over charged me.... After talking with the mechanic about the SS he told me that it took about 1/2hr to 1 less to put on the SS because the Nylon one need tobe cut where it goes under the manifold. SS does not go under the manifold. So im calling back to see why they didnt reflect that on my bill. But needless to say the mech also said that being that there is a SS out for it its pretty much for sure that the recall will go out(no crap) The SS looks so much more simple than the nylon.

oops, as seen in the pic the line that need to be cut on removal is coming from the back set to the front set on the right. Cutting on remal makes it easy its jsut with the nylon that removal of the manifold is necessary, but the SS does not.

Archived