CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

gmotors.com

adallak

I heard only good things about gmotors.com. When my recovery tank cracked I decided to buy a replacement from them. The quote was fast, so I ordered one. By the way, their site is not secure for transferring funds, so you might want to order by phone.

They shipped fast and the part was correct one. Nevertheless, the tank was defective. After two gallons of fresh coolant wasted and a lot of trouble refilling the cooling system, I figured out what was wrong with the tank and sent them TWO emails with pictures attached. Did not get ANY response. Did not feel like I needed to send a million emails or place thousands of calls to get a response. So, I went ahead and figured out a way to use the defective tank. It works well, but I still keep the old one in the trunk.

I know many of you may have had a good experience with the guys, but I am not buying anything from them anymore.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

The defective part surprises me, as my impression is they are a GM Dealer and send the same parts that any other dealer would. I suppose you can even return the part with the part # info and receipt to any GM dealer, although I am not certain that would work. If they are not responding via email a call seems warranted but I appreciate your frustration with NO response from them.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce, it is not their fault the part was defective and one cannot even see the defect. There are partitions inside the tank, and some of them should have openings. So, it took a while to figure out that some openings were just missing.

I found a way around but the fact is that they did not care to respond. Hate to call, always try to communicate via emails.

That is very surprising. I've had very good luck with them and even was able to talk to someone to answer questions before placing an order.

That is very surprising. I've had very good luck with them and even was able to talk to someone to answer questions before placing an order.

Ranger, they seem to be more responsive BEFORE placing an order. :)

Archived