CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

so i bought this car (my first car) out of pure love for the looks and "performace" with all the money iv saved up which was 900 because im 17 and was jobless and the car lasted me 2 or 3 weeks but i already replaced the window motors, and the radiator and now something is wrong with the car cant figure it out hoping somebody can help :) the car will get to a certain speed and will just rev up and keep reving up after that point of speed, and aside from that if anybody wants to give me hints or pointers on how to make the car perform better or things i should look into buying or just things that look cool im pretty much interested in knowing everything i can do to this car and everything about it iv read the manuel front to back multiple times thanks for your time il appreciate any feedback :)

You say the car just "REVS UP" after a certain speed...

What speed does it do this??

We need a little more "DETAILED" information to be able to help you.

Pull the DTC's from the AC control panel and post them here.

Go here to learn how to read the codes.

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Posted Image

You say the car just "REVS UP" after a certain speed...

What speed does it do this??

We need a little more "DETAILED" information to be able to help you.

Pull the DTC's from the AC control panel and post them here.

Go here to learn how to read the codes.

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

it revs up right around 34 mph again haha im 17 just starting to learn about cars, ask me anything and il answwer, btw whats the DTC's and whats it look like

DTC = Diagnostic Trouble Code. Simultaneously press and hold the off and warmer buttons till the DIC lights up all segments. Then answer the prompts with the high fan for yes and the low fan for no. Decipher the DTC's here. http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html

okay so the codes came up Po52 history which is PCM memory reset. Io39 current loss of road sensing suspension data. Io52 history keep alive memory error. Ao11 Current high side temperature sensor circuit. Ro24 history initiator circuit voltage low. PCM?

:welcomesmiley:

From my database, mostly from the page you are using:

P052 (E052) PCM Memory Reset

I039 Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data

I052 Keep Alive Memory Error

A011 High Side Temperature Sensor Circuit

R024 Initiator Circuit Voltage Low

The P052 and I052 mean that the battery has been disconnected sometime lately and can be ignored. The R024 may mean a low battery, with the voltage being pulled down below 9 Volts when you first start the car in the morning; the battery could just have been low because it sat for awhile until you bought the car.

The main code of interest is the CURRENT code, I039. These sensors are the suspension travel sensors, which are little arms with links that measure the A-frame movement on all four wheels. Apparently a connector is off of one or more of them.

The next one of interest is A011. You probably need to fix this one for the A/C to work. Check the connectors to the sensors on the A/C. I don't know where the high side and low side sensors are; I suspect that they are near the compressor, on the high (output) and low (input) side.

But none of these tell us what is happening with the engine running away at 34 mph. This sounds like a transmission clutch for 3rd or 4th gear and should throw a transmission code. Obviously it does not throw a code. I would try having the transmission serviced, which is probably a good idea when you first get a used car in any case. Ask them to flush the fluid; the latest version, Dextron VI, has major advantages in transmission life, and only a flush will get most of the old transmission fluid out. If a solenoid is sticking, this could fix the problem.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 3 weeks later...

so i bought this car (my first car) out of pure love for the looks and "performace" with all the money iv saved up which was 900 because im 17 and was jobless and the car lasted me 2 or 3 weeks but i already replaced the window motors, and the radiator and now something is wrong with the car cant figure it out hoping somebody can help :) the car will get to a certain speed and will just rev up and keep reving up after that point of speed, and aside from that if anybody wants to give me hints or pointers on how to make the car perform better or things i should look into buying or just things that look cool im pretty much interested in knowing everything i can do to this car and everything about it iv read the manuel front to back multiple times thanks for your time il appreciate any feedback :)

hi there, im also a first time caddy owner of the same car u have. I have a cousin that had the same problem with his 92 seville wich had a bad idle control unit which is obviously located on the left hand side of th throttle. I would strongly reccomend you change that and see what happens. wish you luck!!!

Archived