CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: 2010 Cadillac SRX: the Face of Cadillac

The new Cadillac SRX is currently the best selling model for Cadillac.  I have one coming for a weekend test drive and am excited to get some seat time.  Here are the  highlights of the SRX as enumerated by Cadillac:All-new design targeting the heart of the luxury crossover segmentFront-wheel drive and available all-wheel drive [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I was never a big fan of the 1st generation SRX. So glad they redesigned it. That is a nice looking vehicle.

Still, despite everything it has going for it, I can't help but be a little disappointed that the SRX is turning into Cadillac's flagship vehicle, given the long tradition of luxury sedans that define Cadillac. Even sadder to me is that this is happening at the same time they're getting ready to stop producing the DTS and STS, two long-standing staples in the Cadillac fleet. Far be it for me to tell the company what direction to go, I know they need to keep up with the times and I applaud them for doing so in such fine fashion, it just seems sad that the big sedans are dying out.

No matter where you go, there you are.

I would think that the flagship, or halo car, for Cadillac is now the CTS-V Coupe, now that the XLR and XLR-V are going out of style. The flagship isn't the best-selling model. In fact, the best-selling models of any line are usually the least expensive models, and the flagship is the most expensive model -- which is usually has the lowest sales volume.

I was disappointed when Cadillac came out with the Escalade, too, because I like to see sports sedans form the technology leaders. But, that's what the people wanted to buy, and they wanted nicer cars than they saw at the Chevrolet and even GMC dealers. Mercedes, Lexus and even BMW were designing SUVs to define that market, and when it comes to mercurial public tastes, one must lead, follow, or be blown away. Now, the Escalate is quite clearly the quintessential SUV, a distinction for automobile types that is not often held by an American make from any manufacturer.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I'd have to agree that the Escalade is the quintessential SUV. It just seems to me like a different half to Cadillac, going beyond just luxury into a bit of garishness. Nothing subtle about the Escalade. Not that I'm complaining, I wouldn't mind owning an Escalade if given the chance. But from what I've observed working retail in a wealthy suburb, Escalade owners are...a different breed altogether.

And talking of the expensive, low-volume cars like the CTS-V being flagship vehicles, whatever happened to the STS-V? I understand low volume and low demand, but I've never seen or heard anything about the STS-V aside from researching its specs by myself.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Archived