CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bleeding Brakes for singles

adallak

I had to bleed all brakes without assistant or an automatic bleeder. I placed a 2' long stick between the brake pedal and the the seta's motor plastic cover. Moved the seat forward with the button - bleed the brake. Moved it back, waited for 15 seconds and moved it forward again. Repeated the procedure for all four brakes untill the fluide came out clear.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

"Neccessity is the mother of invention". Now all you have to do is recharge the dead battery and replace the burnt out seat motor and your good to go

LG, have you ever moved the seat while seating? Do you really think the motor makes more work pushing the brake pedal? <_>

The battery is fine so is the motor!

That's how I've been bleeding brakes for years using a "Club".

It beats the hell out of explaining to procedure to a mechanically

inept assistant. Though I don't bother moving the seat forward

and back. The seat has enough coushion to apply pressure and

bleed it off.

"Neccessity is the mother of invention". Now all you have to do is recharge the dead battery and replace the burnt out seat motor and your good to go

LG, have you ever moved the seat while seating? Do you really think the motor makes more work pushing the brake pedal? <_>

Adallak,

That was a joke. Don't take it seriously.

LG, have you ever moved the seat while seating? Do you really think the motor makes more work pushing the brake pedal? <_<

Adallak,

That was a joke. Don't take it seriously.

Not a problem, I sent adallak a couple of extra seat motors! :lol:

Not a problem, I sent adallak a couple of extra seat motors!

Mike, I count on them in case someone burns the motors and presses charges against me :lol:

I bet what you could do is hook up a pole and then set your seat memory position and then move the seat back, then press your remote control and the seat will move back to your preset position and push the pedal while you are at the wheel, and if you had both keyfobs you could move it back and forth from remote :>

I bet what you could do is hook up a pole and then set your seat memory position and then move the seat back, then press your remote control and the seat will move back to your preset position and push the pedal while you are at the wheel, and if you had both keyfobs you could move it back and forth from remote :>

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wow that is a lot of technology to bleed brakes, it would be easier to find a dummy to sit in the seat that was smart enough to respond to the DOWN/UP method! :lol:

I like mityvac... http://www.mityvac.com/ I use the 07000, Mike

Here is the description:

The Mityvac 7000 kit comes complete with instructions (English and Spanish) and accessories needed for one-person brake bleeding and automotive testing. D-I-Y customers can test and *diagnose: Vacuum Gauges, Distributor Vacuum Advance/Retard Mechanisms, Power Brakes, Ignition Timing, Mechanical & Electrical Vacuum Pumps, Carburetor Chokes, Computerized Engine Control Systems, Emission Control Systems, Carburetor Adjustments & Service, Air Conditioner & Heater Controls, Vacuum Actuated Accessories.

If anyone wants to buy me the 04000 top of the line bleeder tool you just missed my birthday! :)

I have a wife that is VERY experience at the down/up command .

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHaha

AhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAH

haHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHA

AHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAH

HAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAhaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHahaHAha

I have a wife that is VERY experience at the down/up command

a well trained wife is worth two poorly trained girl-friends :D but if you try the driver seat you'll forget your wife believe me :lol:

Archived