CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have a 94 sts with the 4.6 northstar. I had a couple of times where the a/c would cut off when I accelerated, but would always come back on. When it is on it blows nice and cold. A couple of days ago I was getting on the free way, and as I accelerated the a/c cut off again. This time it did not come back on. It only blows hot air(as it is over 100 here). The compressor does not kick on. I am not sure where to start?

Start by pulling the DTC's. How hard did you accelerate? The PCM will disable the compressor at something like 80% throttle. The logic is that if you are asking for that much throttle response, you want all there is so the PCM will shed the compressor load.

It stops the compressor when I step on it. I understand that is what it should do, but the compressor does not come back on after letting up on the gas. There are no codes showing?

Are you saying that the A/C is currently working properly until it gets cut off via the acceleration override, then it does not work properly until you restart the Cadillac? Or are you saying the compressor is currently NEVER coming on?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Check the codes and post them. If there are no ACM codes, check to see if power is applied to the compressor clutch. If there is power at the clutch, the clutch coil could be bad or the clutch air gap could be too wide.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived