CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2006 DeVille Spy Shots

alfredgee

Well that sucks already! So it'll look like a Chrysler 300 and a Chevy Monte Carlo hit head on. What are we paying these designers? Is there nothing original out there anymore? I'll give it a thumbs up on two points, it appears the "Arts and Science" look is history, and they didn't model it after a "Retro" look anaomoly.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Well that sucks already!  So it'll look like a Chrysler 300 and a Chevy Monte Carlo hit head on.  What are we paying these designers?  Is there nothing original out there anymore?  I'll give it a thumbs up on two points, it appears the "Arts and Science" look is history, and they didn't model it after a "Retro" look anaomoly.

Please try to contain your enthusiasm . . . :D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

How can one tell from that photo that it takes styling cues from the Sixteen? The doors look the same as the current Deville. I would guess that the front and back will look CTS-ish.

Sounds like car-rag gossip to me.....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

So far the interior looks great compared to what we have now.....but that exterior photo only shows us what we already know is a Deville the roof line and doors....WTF...and How TF do they determine it looks sixteenish????? did they lift up the bra when noone was looking???

I just posted my first reaction. I never did read the article, or even look at the interior pics. I do think the interior is rather nice, now that I look at it. Looks a lot like the Seville, IMO. I never saw a sixteen, or even a picture of one. It was my first impression of the grill/headlight/huge bumper treatment that set me off....and turned me off, immediately. I still see the headlight treatment from the Impala/Monte Carlo clearly visible (which has NOT grown on me like I thought it would). I'll wait to see it "in the plastic" before I make a final decision.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived