CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Theft Deterrent Module P/N 16158276 missing..

manowar77

Hello guys!

I am trying to get this keyless remote to work on my car, i have a export model so the door lock module that were in the trunk had p/n 16215399 without the remote function! Then i bought a US door lock module p/n 16193106 and a compatible key fob on Ebay, i got the US module installed last week and programmed the fob according to the instruction provided!

But it doesnt work properly...it lock and unlocks when i point the fob directly to the module in the trunk but not from a distance! I have mounted an antenna to it also so it gets better contact!

Then i saw that there were one module missing completly in the trunk, its the Theft Deterrent Module(Circuit Interrupt) p/n 16158276...only the cablefitting hang loose!

Can the missing of this module cause the remote function not to work as it should?

The SECURITY lamp has been on for over 4 years and it must be because of this module missing!

I found a Theft Deterrent Module on ebay from a seller with the p/n 16158276....is it only to plug it in on my car and the car will start after that or will it not be recognized by the cars security system??

What do you think?

Attached a pic of the missing cable harness to the module!

Roger Martinsen

I dont have a answer for you.

I can say I dont think any export cars had remotes. Remotes are transmitters and are subject to FCC regulations.

I think it would be nearly impossible to certify the remotes for all of Europe. Sure, if your Mercedes. But not Cadillac. Too small of a market.

Are you sure the antenna is making a good contact and working properly.

Try your remote with and then without the antenna to see if there's a difference.

As for the TDM, you may as well plug it in and try it, asuming the loose connector in the trunk connector fits properly.

I dont have a answer for you.

I can say I dont think any export cars had remotes. Remotes are transmitters and are subject to FCC regulations.

I think it would be nearly impossible to certify the remotes for all of Europe. Sure, if your Mercedes. But not Cadillac. Too small of a market.

The export models didnt have remote option, only the US models had it! But by replacing the door lock module to a US module will fix this, but in my case im missing the TDM next to the RKE module...i have the one with p/n 16215659 in my trunk but not the other one with p/n 16150920!

I have sent an email to the seller in US of the loose plug that i have in my trunk and see if he can see if this will fit!

If it does i will order it and plug it in!

Roger Martinsen

Ok on your 95 there will be an empty plug at the left bottom of the rear seat and tat is where the module would go. I dont think that plug you show in the picture is the one for that thouh. The plug is black with blue retainer

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Ok on your 95 there will be an empty plug at the left bottom of the rear seat and tat is where the module would go. I dont think that plug you show in the picture is the one for that thouh. The plug is black with blue retainer

No,the plug in the pic are for the heated windshield module,that clearly was an option very few cars had! I got an answer from a junkyard here in Sweden that had this module in stock..im just gonna let it hang around!

But there must be an plug for the theft deterrent module somewhere too..i havent looked at it yet,gonna do so when i receive the TDM i bought on Ebay!

Roger Martinsen

Archived