CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Signals

Cupillac

Well sometimes my flashers will stop working completely, they dont even display in the DIC.

Is it just one bad bulb causing this or should I just replace all them?

Last year I had a bad rear signal because the condensation in the taillight rusted the socket out.

Any input would be great,

Thanks

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Did you check the fuses?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

HERE is the part number you need GM # 15306194, THIS IS THE NUMBER FOR NEW LIGHT PIG TAILS THAT FIT YOUR CAR AND WORK. YOU WILL NEED THREE FOR EACH SIDE. REPLACE ALL OF THE DUAL ELEMENT PIG TAILS AND YOUR PROBLEMS WILL BE OVER. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE I HAVE THE BEEN THEIR DONE THAT T SHIRT , ON THOSE WORTHLESS TAILLIGHT SOCKETS THAT FIT YOUR CAR . AFTER 2 YEAR BATTLE WITH TAIL LIGHTS ON MY 96 SLS, I FINALLY FOUND THIS PART NUMBER AND REPLACED ALL 6 AND HAVE NEVER HAD ONE BIT OF TROUBLE SINCE THEN. BEST MONEY YOU WILL EVER SPEND. FLOYD RANEY

Save the money. Hand signals are much cheaper. LOL

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

I am not sure about the sockets for a 93, all of the sockets do not enterchange, AS far as changing them out all you do is remove the old socket like you were going to change out the bulb, and cut the three wires going to the old socket. THE new socket comes with three butt connectors so all you have to do is skin the wire back and put on the connector and crimp the connector off. CONNECT all three wires this way and you are home free.

Hmmm... I am wondering what else may be happening there if ALL the signals are not working at once though... Then they suddenly work again? <_<

Just a thought, I have this exact same thing happening on my son's 95 Grand AM. I found that they are notorious for having bad Emergency Flasher switches. They are a PIA to replace, as you have to dismantle almost the entire lower half of the dash and column to replace. I have found that wiggling that switch will get them to work again! :rolleyes:

Again, it isn't the same kind of car, but considering the wiring schematics may be similar, you never know. It could be a number of different things. It could also be a short in the turn-signal switch in the column perhaps. Not saying the sockets are not your problem, if they are rotting out they certainly need to be replaced... There just may be something further up the line causing this.

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

I have a very similar problem with my 95 STS...Sometimes the signals will work and sometimes they do not....I also notice that when the do work, the blinking light will change speeds and the sound does the same like they are getting different amounts of electrical current...I am pretty sure that it is the flasher, just not all that excited about trying to fix yet...Guess it hasnt gotten bad enough yet...

BTW-I have already changed out all the sockets for my taillights, so I know that is not the problem here!!! :(

FIRST what sockets did you replace the old ones with? Prior to getting mine fixed, i replaced the BLINKER RELAY , WITH a ac delco, took stearing col. apart and replaced the entire blinker assembly, replaced the brake switch on stearing col. Ordered and replaced both wireing harnesses on both sides. Now before and after i replaced all of the above items, here was my problem , go to make a left or right turn blinker works at normal speed of blink, next time i turn maybe right blinker , blinks fast just like when you have a burnt out bulb get out of car , two of the three bulbs on right side are blinking , one not blinking. Take one not blinking out, bulb ok , twist bulb around in socket , starts blinking correctly, put back together ererthing works fine. NEXT DAY or two turn right , blinks fast again, look at rear another bulb out this time , repeat above process till i get it blinking. DUring next month turn left no blink at all, work with everything, cuss everything , finally they start working. NOT KNOW WHAT DO RIGHT. DO brake light check, one or more brake light bulbs not working, go thru same process as above for blinkers, sometimes get fixed sometimes do not , next week bulbsare all working , kick tires and cuss electrical system. FINALLY at NAPA store , looking for another vendor, of pig tails for tail lights, they do not have any in stock , but they show me a GM pig tail number in their cross over book that says it will fit my 96 sls, local cad dealer had previously advised me that this animal did not exist. NAPA dealer called around for me and found three at a local CHEV dealer. WENT over , and compared to my old wireing harness that i had taken with me , new GM pig tail had wider spades , stonger metal in spades and narrower barrell , bought all three and ordered three more, replaced all six. HAVE NOT HAD ONE PROBLEM SINCE I REPLACED THE SIX PIG TAILS WITH GM #15306194. Now i am not saying this is the answer to all peoples problems , but if you have the original pig tails in your car or a new gm wireing harness in it and have replaced all of the above , then give the above a try. It just may fix your problem permanently.

I actually got mine from PepBoys. They dont exactly fit like they were designed to, but with a little modification to the sockets, they fit securely. I just spliced them in to my old harness and that was really it. I have had them in now for over a year and all the lights work, blink, and glow like they are suppose to. I believe that the next step for me will be the blinker relay in the column. :blink:

Archived