CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Sevilles

What is the best year of seville sts from 92-97. Just wondering thanks.

The year with the least number of complaints according to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration was the 92.

I also personally think my 92 was the best built year. Especially since it's the one with the stainless steel fuel rails.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Marika, thats biased.. hahah, jk Marika.

1993 i think.. yes, because i own one. Also the 1996 .. the two fastest of that era

Now its time to persuede.. 1993 STS came with the 295 HP, 300 lb. ft Northstar.

Wait a second, i dont want everybody to drive my car, unless of course i get first dibs on parts. I personally like them all from 93-01

I would have to say 96 or 97. Much upgraded interior, nicer wheels, OBDII, and last years for the line. Plus neat extras like Magnasteer, Rainsense, Stabilitrak(97) came into life those years. Not much else different other than 300HP instead of the earlier 290 and 295HP variants.

Don't get me wrong, I love my '93 STS, and will drive it 'till the wheels fall off, but...If I were to do it again (go look for a nice slightly "pre-owned" one, which could still happen if the right one comes along) I'd narrow it down to a '97 STS. IMO, it remains to be the best looking body style, with the better interior and all the latest engineering marvels.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Kind of like Bob said " Don't get me wrong, I love my 94 STS, and will drive it 'till the wheels fall off, but..." I have to admit I'd go with the 95 sts myself. About 400 lbs lighter then any other sts and the 1/4 mile times to match. However, I'm not a fan of those stock exhaust tips. Some new tips and now we're talking. I've been keeping my eyes out for one.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

2001 hands down. Was the biggest fan out there of the pre 1998 untill I got the "01"

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

I also personally think my 92 was the best built year.  Especially since it's the one with the stainless steel fuel rails.

92 ????, are you kidding,...they didn't offer the NS in the STS till '93!!!!!!!!

A 4.9L is nice,....but....

Hey, it's not the engine.....it's the driver ;)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Hey, it's not the engine.....it's the driver  ;)

I bet you COULD poke holes in the floor and help it pedal along with "Flintstone feet". But making up a 100 horsepower difference with the soles of your shoes...?? ;)

In general, the last year of any generation will be the "best" on paper...in the case of the 92-97 cars, that's 1997. Click here: Seville, Year-by-Year. The 1997 model has the most chassis gusseting, it has larger front brakes (11.9"), it has ICCS standard, with Stabilitrak with the STS models. If you prefer the styling of the 92-97 generation (as many of us do), the 96 or 97s are going to have the "best equipment". They also seem to have the fewest problems...no transmission problems that seem to be prone to the 93-94 STSes.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

2001 hands down. Was the biggest fan out there of the pre 1998 untill I got the "01"

Good point. While the original posting asked about the '92 to '97 cars only, the '98 and up Sevilles are much more refined automobiles by nearly every measure. The 2000 and up cars have the updated Northstar which is a big plus too.

I would prefer to get a '99 as a daily driver for the new features, while keeping my '93 as a weekend gunner. On the open highway, I have passed newer model STS and SLS cars who could not keep up once you get past 80mph, some of them (a red 95 STS in particular) run out of steam around 120.....LOL

Just wondering, in that chart, did they test two different 1995 SLS's?

It looks as if the one did 0-60 roughly a half a second faster than the other.

Did they also test three differnet 1998 STS's?

Yes, all of those numbers came from different magazine articles. In actuality, I don't know if the different magazines happened to have the exact same test car. I'd doubt it, but that could be possible. In any event, each of those times were extracted by different magazines at different events, so each time is the best they could get out of the car at that time, in those conditions. Lots of variability here, with production tolerances, test conditions (altitude, weather), etc. Your particular car may or may not perform the same as many of those in that chart.

The fastest SLS measured 0-60 run I found was 6.7 seconds. I had a G-tech on mine, and got times of anywhere between 6.7 and 6.9 seconds (at 2000 ft elevation in cool temps). The only way to know exactly what YOUR car will do is to actually measure it. That chart is good to know an average ballpark, but each car will vary.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived