CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

PLEASE HELP!!!

davedog

I was on my way home and had driver about one tenth of a mile if that when the DIC displayed the message "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" I ran the codes and the only one I am getting is "I039 current". It doesn;t show up until the car has been on for a few minutes. I looked it up in my manual, and it said all this stuff about a CCR controller - which i have no idea what that is. Please, what should i do from here and how might I fix this.

THANKS SO MUCH!!

Info:

1992 Eldorado Touring Coup

4.9 L V8, with 66k

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

do you have electronic struts?

in any case it is not a serious problem - my service CCR (computer command ride) is on all the time.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

How would i find this out?

And what is a CCR controller?

If it isn't a bid deal is there a way to make that stupid "service ride control" message go away?

What is really broken here & how do I fix it?

computer gets signal from the sensors concerning the road condition and changes the stiffness of the struts accordingly. these smart struts are very expensive, and most of us preferred to replace them with regular struts and disable CCR.

Lo and Hi refer to pushing the Lower fan speed or higher fan speed buttons.

0. Turn the ignition switch to battery (on but not start)

1. Enter diagnostic mode by pushing Off and Warmer together

until the instrument lights stop flashing.

After any codes are displayed, step through the queries as

follows:

2. CCM? Lo

3. IPC? Hi

4. IPC Data? Lo

5. IPC Inputs? Lo

6. IPC Override? Hi

7. IS00 Lo

8. IS45 Lo

9. 001 IS09 Lo (this may say "129 IS09" if you have the heated windshield option)

10. 008 IS08 This is the value we want to change. Press the Warmer and Cooler buttons to increase/decrease. Change this value to 000, which means no CCR. 008 means has Ride Control. This value is actually a sum of options; 008 is normal for north american cars. If you have some other number, just subtract 8

from it to turn off the ride control.

11. Press the Econ and the Front Defrost buttons at the same

time and hold until the 000 IS08 flashes. This takes a few

seconds. This writes the setting to memory.

12. Turn the ignition switch off.

13. Test drive and see if CCR error message appears.

Normally I get the Service CCR message as soon as I back out of the drive. During the test tonight I got it right away. After I turned off the CCR system I never got it. When I turned it back on I got it before I left my block. I think this change has

disabled the CCR system (which was not working anyway) and the related warning message.

thanks for the info. & so quickly!

so will i notice any difference without the CCR?

Should i be concerned about fixing it?

Is there any risk invloved in just leaving it be?

Is it one strut causing the error, or more than one?

How much does one of these High tech struts cost?

Sorry for so many questions, I have had this car almost a year, I baby it to death, and this is the first major issue I had had out of it. Thanks so much for the help!

i would leave it alone just like everybody does. i do not think you will notice too much change while driving, just take it easy ;)

p.s. one of our guys offerred an electronic strutt at some $400 check it out, but i personally would by rather four regular struts than one "smart"

thanks again for the info. Pardon if this is a stupid question, but i have seen some older cadillacs with ride problems that when you look at the car it actually is very low and "sagging" in the back. Will this happen to mine over time with faulty struts?

Also what would be the difference between getting a "regular" strut, and laving things the way they are...I mean is the strut actuallt defective, or just the "smart" part of it. I could care less about it being "smart" I just want it to do it's job. Anyway to know which strut it is?

Also, do you have AIM...lol :lol: , this would be alot easier on there, if you want - post or PM me your username, if not thats cool too. B)

one of your smart struts most likely is leaking and integrated sensors send wrong messages to the processor. perhaps you will be able to determine visually which one is bad. replacing it with another smart one or just regular strut makes sense if ride changes significantly . it is something onnly you can notice. do not worry too much, nothing bad is gonna happen to your eldo.

p.s. i do not hae AIM sorry :D

lol, i worry about my caddy too much!

so how would i know if something was wrong visually? Could it be a broken hose or something like that?

if you lift the car up (on a hoist) you can inspect the cilindrical surfaces of the struts for traces of liquide. i believe an experienced mechanic can diagnose leakage. But again a leaking strut does not imply replacement. Mine work good for four years (one was leaking from the beginning) and I have made some 70 kmiles since.

i have seen some older cadillacs with ride problems that when you look at the car it actually is very low and "sagging" in the back. Will this happen to mine over time with faulty struts?

Most of the time, the sagging rear end on the older Cadillacs is the result of the level control system not working and/or an air leak in the lines to the rear level control shocks/struts.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived