CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Rainy Day

I was just playing around in Photoshop with some pics, thought I'd share.

Note: Hard to get decent looking photos with very little pic size.

post-3-1089409042.gif

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Someday, if you can lay your hands on an old manual focus camera, try a roll of Infrared film and take pics of the caddy that way. The results are awesome while at the same time strange and "spooky". For example, trees come out white or a variation of white on Infrared film.

Don't use an autofocus camera with Infrared film. Autofocus works by using Infrared and it will fog and ruin the film.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Heh maybe ill take some with my 'infragreen' camera and show some pics Kekek

Trees will come out all "red".....LOL!!!!!!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Haha.. no.. it's actually a nightvision camera. Everything looks green because that's the color that looks the best I suppose. I just like calling it infragreen :)

Haha.. no.. it's actually a nightvision camera. Everything looks green because that's the color that looks the best I suppose. I just like calling it infragreen :)

Doesn't at least some night vision work on the principle of Infrared?

Cupillac, if you still have some high resolution pics that you want to post and not lose the clarity then try this:

First, take the original photo from the digital camera and save it as a bmp file before editing with PhotoShop. As a bmp file you can make as many edits as you want and retain all the original information within the picture. In other words the pic won't become fuzzy or blurry after editing it.

Second, after you have edited the photo to your liking then save the finished photo as a jpg file. JPG or jpeg files are much smaller then most other formats and with a little practice you'll be able to post quite large and clear pics on this site too.

Note: the reason you shouldn't edit with a jpg file is you will lose half the information contained in the photo with every edit. You and i see this translated as blurry pictures.

Also the "infrared" photo effect can be had with any photo in PhotoShop and most any other photo editing software. Usually labeled as "Invert" or "Invert Color".

Hope that helps because I would like to really see your ride as you see it with your eyes. :)

-kg

207,000 miles

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Haha.. no.. it's actually a nightvision camera. Everything looks green because that's the color that looks the best I suppose.  I just like calling it infragreen :)

Doesn't at least some night vision work on the principle of Infrared?

The military used to use infrared for night vision. The problem with that is the enemy could pick up your infrared beam as well. I think what they use now is s version of the starlight scopes we used in Nam. Basically a magnification of available light (starlight or moonlight) ARRRG, there goes another one.

The new scopes the military uses are just awesome much better than the old starlight scopes. They sure are a hard item to get ..They make a nice hunting scope..but they are pretty big scopes to lug around the woods..

Cheers

Jim

Archived