CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Half Heat.

Loudog

Hey guys had a question for you. I am only getting heat on the left side of the car, does not make a difference which vents you are trying to use. I have no codes and over the summer I had done a coolant drain and fill. I do not believe my heater core has any blockage in it. Any thoughts on what to replace?

Hey guys had a question for you. I am only getting heat on the left side of the car, does not make a difference which vents you are trying to use. I have no codes and over the summer I had done a coolant drain and fill. I do not believe my heater core has any blockage in it. Any thoughts on what to replace?

Do you have separate driver and passenger temp controls on that 96 SLS?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

• 4 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=158163:date=Jan 3 2010, 01:33 PM:name=Loudog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Loudog @ Jan 3 2010, 01:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=158163"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey guys had a question for you. I am only getting heat on the left side of the car, does not make a difference which vents you are trying to use. I have no codes and over the summer I had done a coolant drain and fill. I do not believe my heater core has any blockage in it. Any thoughts on what to replace?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Do you have separate driver and passenger temp controls on that 96 SLS?

I don't know what would define separate controls, however I do have the little passenger button I can move up or down, but I cant set a temp for both sides. I discovered today I do have a cracked radiator which I am replacing tomorrow and best as I can tell I should check the air door behind the glovebox. Does this sound like a good place to start?

The passenger side can be up to 10 F warmer or colder than the driver's side but that is done with the control doors. There is only one heater core. Like Ranger says, it's likely an actuator door. If you read your OBD codes (see my signature block for how-to link), they may tell you which one.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The passenger side can be up to 10 F warmer or colder than the driver's side but that is done with the control doors. There is only one heater core. Like Ranger says, it's likely an actuator door. If you read your OBD codes (see my signature block for how-to link), they may tell you which one.

Here are my current codes:

PC0325 - News to me! Looks like ill finally take the manifold apart on this car.

PC1406 - Ill clean my EGR one of these days, it looks like I have a bad knock sensor so ill be taking the manifold apart anyway.

AC1341 - Found in Alldata as DTC B1341: Air Mix Door #2 Movement Failure. I don't know why they have it as B, however im thinking this is the right code.

RS0038 - My compressor still runs, however I do know know if it actually works right I have never bothers to have someone sit on the back and see if it can actually pump up. I was tempted to just install a piston between the axle and frame and just jack up the ride height.

RF2560 - Im guessing this is why my remotes no longer work, any tips on this one? It sure would be nice to use the remotes again.

AC1341 - Found in Alldata as DTC B1341: Air Mix Door #2 Movement Failure. I don't know why they have it as B, however im thinking this is the right code.

Yeah that's it. B is a "Body" code.

P0325 PCM Knock Sensor Circuit

P1406 EGR Valve Pintle Position Circuit

B1341 Air Mix Door Two Movement Fault

B0038 AUX switch open/shorted to battery

P0038 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2

S038 Electronic Level Control Exhaust Valve Short to Ground/Open (OBD I)

B2560 RKE Message Validation Error

When you get done freeing up your mixer door and fixing the vacuum hosing or whatever, have a good time cleaning the EGR. The knock sensor code is probably caused by a loose or dirty connector.

I don't have the same information for the 0038 code that you do. It's either an air bag code not used by Cadillac or an oxygen sensor code in my list. The OBD I code seems to be the one that you are looking at. If so, it will be three digits, not four.

A few OBD I codes are sometimes seen in early OBD II GM cars; I think that the 1995 model year was the only year that both OBD codes were used in Cadillacs, but the Wikipedia article says that 1994-1995 was an "OBD 1.5" year for many GM cars, and there may have been a few still out there in 1996. But, I can't find this code in my 1997 FSM.

RKE is remote keyless entry. You may need to synchronize your fob. I copied these directions from an old post of mine, copied out of the 1997 FSM:

To synchronize transmitters, perform the following steps:

1. Press and hold the TRUNK button and within one second, press and hold the LOCK button.

2. Continue to hold both buttons for approximately seven seconds and then release.

3. If the transmitter was out of synchronization, it will now function properly.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived