CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98 caddy sts window problem, they dont work!

None of the windows work, but they all have power. This is what i checked so far.

Number 5 fuse is good tested it with DMM

Number 57 circuit breaker is good Did the fsm test

Took the door apart

Switch has power has 10 wires and if i can remember correctly they go like this

I thought i could remember, but they all had power, and the grounds were all grounded

Took the next door panel off to expose the window motor on the drivers door both wires had no power when the switch was depressed.

Drivers door module has power

So no windows work but the switches have power and the drivers door module has power. The power mirrors work, however i couldnt get the power door locks to work from the drivers side, i dont think i checked the rest of the doors power locks but i know none worked from the drivers seat.

Im wondering if its the drivers door module or if its the switch.

I have the fsm 3 book manual but i couldnt find an easy way to test the switch. I thought i could hook up my DMM (digital multi-meter) to it and depress switches and watch one wire get power etc but they all stayed the same. So anyone have an idea? Thank you, i really appreciate it.

Oh and if any of you out there has the same fsm, i would like you to look at the bad door switch test. It tells you to hook number 8 on the switch connector to a ground and you should get 12V but the thing is, number 8 on the drivers side window switch is a ground. So how can you hook up a ground wire to a ground through a DMM and get 12V i think its a misprint.

When two of my windows didnt work from the drivers position but did work at the respective door I replaced the drivers cont. switches.

Same w/the door lock button. Didnt work so I replaced it.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer your question about testing this & that and if the book or whatever is missprinted. Sorry.....

Bill has the straight forward approach for your problem. Speaking of "problem", what's with the name 98stsproblems??? I can't be the only one that noticed.

post-3-1089252165.gif

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

• 9 years later...

i just fix my all windows i have the same problem what u have turn out is the driver door module

this is the problem the module its work and not work at the same time if u check ur DIC it will not show error code for module its mean its work but actually its not well i open the module board and i didn't found anything burning or Brock i try it manual i touch some circuit and and the window work up and down so i change the module and all windows work like charm

so i thing u have broken circuit in the module not allows to transfer the data to open the window or close it

so try to change the drive door module i hop its fix ur problem

good luck

i just fix my all windows i have the same problem what u have turn out is the driver door module

this is the problem the module its work and not work at the same time if u check ur DIC it will not show error code for module its mean its work but actually its not well i open the module board and i didn't found anything burning or Brock i try it manual i touch some circuit and and the window work up and down so i change the module and all windows work like charm

so i thing u have broken circuit in the module not allows to transfer the data to open the window or close it

so try to change the drive door module i hop its fix ur problem

good luck

You just answered a question which was almost 10 years old. :lol:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

It may be 10 years old but when someone does a search, the thread now has an answer. Some threads go unanswered but they still come up when someone does a search and it is frustrating when they are not followed up with an answer. Good job nemsis1985x!

Archived