CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Strut bushings

kcd1184

Does anyone know if seperate rubber bushings are available for the dogbone shaped pieces that are a part of the top motor struts on my 94 Eldorado? GM only sells the whole strut, $72, and GMparts.com is still $42 . Thanks

Kent

Kent,

See Bronson Jun 10 2004, 09:05 AM post... I re-read some earlier posts, do a search for "dogbones"..., looks like the ticket is to replace the entire mount, not just the insert. Nothing available... Appears as though the mount may be damaged beyond the insert. Hope that helps...

<_<

I replaced both upper mounts recently on my 97 Deville. Did not look around to see if any "hi density" bushings were available though. Both "Dog bones" with the bushings already pressed in was very inexpensive and I just unbolted old and bolted in new.

Had all three mounts done at the "sealership" on my STS, I have a service contract I purchased on the internet, they been good to me and haven't denied any claims yet. The invoice from Bayview Cadillac was almost $800.00, wonder what it would have cost at Duplessis Cadillac in old B.R.

Don't have same contract on the Deville so I was very happy to be able to do myself.

sebring06RTP.jpg

You can break off pieces of the bushing on the driver's side bone. It moves

back and forth some if you push it.

Put the passenger side mirror seal and the topside body window seal in today. Looks like it should work but haven't done a good road test yet. It was a pain but GM wanted (i found out you could still get them) $275 per side., just for parts. I paid $100 for both sides total.

Does anyone know if seperate rubber bushings are available for the dogbone shaped pieces that are a part of the top motor struts on my 94 Eldorado? GM only sells the whole strut, $72, and GMparts.com is still $42 . Thanks

Kent

I bought both "dogbones" at Napa. Quite a bit cheaper then anywhere else I checked. Can't remember exactly how much but do remember each one was a different price and definitely less then $42 and they had them in stock. Worth a phone call.

-kg

207,000 miles

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Kent

Unfortunately NOT! I just had them replaced yesterday in my STS and man they were dry rotted. But I still get the dredded"clunk" when I make a left hand turn when accelarating........guess they didn't really have to be replaced. The new ones look cheap too. Not the nice look of the powder coated OEM ones.

jims93STS

jim93sts, I had the same clunck while turning left. If the car is parked and you jerk the wheel back and forth do you hear the clunk? If so, hit the grease fitting on the lower ball joint with a grease gun, worked for me.

James

1999 STS 65k

1995 STS 127k

jim93sts, I had the same clunck while turning left. If the car is parked and you jerk the wheel back and forth do you hear the clunk? If so, hit the grease fitting on the lower ball joint with a grease gun, worked for me.

Well, I just took my 93 in for its 1 st of 3 annual lubes and it should of been done , but I think I will take it back and ask the mechanic to "double check" the lower ball joints. I have 67K on the car so it maybe time for replacement. Thanks for the tip and I hope everyone enjoys a safe and "Happy Fouirth Of July" weekend!!!

Replaced driver's side dog bone with Napa part, $40. The bushing closest to the engine must really take some heat. It was missing about 20% of the rubber and the rest just crumbled into chunks when I pulled at it. Glad I spotted it.

Pulled the passenger side dog bone out for inspection and it looks ok. Will check the lower mounts soon.

Archived